Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 06:15 PM

hi everyone...am sailing on the diamond princess april 16,2008 from L.A. plan on taking the pre and post cruise package deal from princess..is it worth it??? it a 15 day r.t. to hawaii..also our golden anniversary cruise...any one else going ??

Free Cruise Tickerstp/www.cruisetickers.com/][/url]Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Hello just having fun (I'm just guessing the "ffun" is a typo) and welcome to cruise-chat.

First of all, congratulations on your Golden Anniversary--that is so wonderful; second, you chose a great way to celebrate it. My wife and I just retuned from that trip, though on Island Princess; but we've been on Diamond and you will absolutely love it. It's a great way to see the Islands and we love those long sea days over and back.

We live near Los Angeles and so had no need for the pre or post cruise packages and can't comment on them, except to say that having lived in the area all my life, I assure you there is an endless variety of things to do and see; and we have always felt that Princess offers good value in their cruises, their shore excursions, and I would assume by extension, their pre and post cruise packages.

Have a wonderful vacation, and again, congratulations!

Rick
Old 06-05-2007, 12:02 PM

tks for the welcome..looking at the deck plans for the diamond on the aloha deck,the cabin we chose A515 inside seems to be a little larger then other inside...is that possible??the post and pre cruise package is for the MARRIOTT at LAX..for the price they take you to the hotel,then take you to the ship and take care of your luggage so that you dont have to lug it around..also take you back to the hotel and airport..I can live with that...we have been on the DAWN Princess and really enjoyed it..been on 7 carnival but think we are getting a little long in the tooth for them..I enjoy the laid back feeling of PRINCESS..taking the shore excursion on KAUAI (if they still have it) river cruise,luae and romantic ceremony for those who want it..sound good to me..

Old 06-05-2007, 05:49 PM
It is hard to tell about A515; it does look larger but it is also more square, which may give the illusion of being larger. In any event it's a good location--midship, near the elevators and stairs.

My wife and I did the Luau and Romantic Ceremony and loved it; Smith's Tropical Paridise was truly--a paradise. The roast pork and teriyaki beef were succulent and tender and the mai tais were free-flowing. The entertainment was traditional and the ceremony was touching and sweet. I think those that didn't participate wished they had.

It sounds like the hotel package is well worth it, especially if you are coming from some distance.

Once again, have a great cruise.

Rick
Old 06-09-2007, 08:20 PM

hi what is it with the cruise tickers??? i am having the same trouble on cruise critic

Old 06-09-2007, 09:01 PM
There is an explanation in General Cruise Chat.

But briefly, the ones most of us use are no good anymore; the company that was providing them pulled the plug. So we are on our own to find new ones.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:35 AM

hello again...you said you took that excursion,(romantic ceremony) how long did it lastt. the diamond is leaving that port a 5pm,I hope we can attend without missing anything.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:55 PM

Hi jhf, f-mattox is on a ship right now so he'll have to respond when he returns. I haven't done the excursion so I can't help. Maybe someone else here has.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-01-2007, 06:15 AM

hey...thanks for ur reply..will wait..

Old 07-05-2007, 11:41 AM

just having fun,

we sailed out of ft. lauderdale this spring. we only booked a princess post-cruise package but it was well worth it and we will definately do it again. the hotel was very nice and included transportation from port to hotel and hotel to airport. most importantly we weren't in a mad rush on disembarkation morning trying to make flights home like everyone else onboard.

Closed Thread

Tags
a515, cabin, cruise, diamond, excursion, excursions, location, princess, reviews, shore