Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 07:05 PM

We have booked a cruise with the Sun Princess to New Zealand. Is there anyone out there who has done this cruise and if so can they tell me if it is quite rough at sea around the South Island. I have heard it can be very rough weather. I tend to get sea sick and just want to know what to expect
Old 10-01-2007, 10:12 AM

Hi Christine, welcome to Cruise-Chat. While we've not done that cruise, we have been on the Sun Princess twice. I do hope you enjoy her as much as we did. We encountered rough seas one night on our return to Ft. Lauderdale, and while she did move some, it wasn't too bad. Hopefully, there will be some on board that have done your cruise and can help you further. They do have lots of things to help ease sea sickness. One of the natural cures is ginger, you can get ginger candy in your local health store. Also, green apples are supposed to help. A lot of people swear by the patches and bracelets. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:28 AM

The Regal Princess just finished its 31 day final voyage under the Princess banner, which went from LA to Sydney with many stops in New Zeland. They hit very rough seas en route to Fjorland after they left Port Chalmers. I am not sure if Sun Princess follows the same route, but if you are interested in seeing the info and timelapse cruisecam capture that shows this day (Sept. 28), you can email me at ellieca@fastmail.fm and I will direct you to the site. Incidentally, all the posters on that site seem to have enjoyed the cruise tremendously despite the very rough waters that day.
Ellie
Old 10-03-2007, 03:12 AM

Hi Christine,
we have been on the Sapphire Princess from Sydney - Auckland(28.2.2007-12.03.2007).
We have calm Sea all the time, only in Fjordland we have strong wind, but in the closly Fjords the sea was not rough and in Port Chalmers, we can not go on the pier, because the wind was to strong. But the wind came from the shore, so we had no big waves, no rough waters and I think nobody got seasick.
Kind regards
Hans
Old 10-27-2007, 01:35 AM

Hi we did a New Zealand Auckland to Sydney cruise last year we did hit some heavy seas just after leaving Fjordland and actually due to the weather could not go to Hobart and had to go directly to Melbourne however on board it was not to bad the stabilisers seemed to do the trick but the ship had to travel at a somewhat slower pace I am sure you will not strike anything the ship cant handle and that you will enjoy the trip and the scenery Anne

Closed Thread

Tags
1203, america, australia, charmers, cruise, holland, port, ship, sydney, zealand