Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2006, 07:51 AM

I have just booked the Crown Princess for October out of New York. Can anyone tell me about how much a cab will be from JFK airport to the cruise ship terminal? There are actually 6 of us going so if anyone knows of a better way for us to get from the airport to the terminal or a private limo company that would be great.

Also, if anyone has sailed out of NYC recently on Princess; is it an organized check in with the separate sections for Platinum Captain's Circle members? Any idea what time they start the check in? I'm flying in from Boston so I can land in NY at any time as we have a shuttle that goes hourly. I like to get on my ships early but I also have no desire to sit for hours waiting for them to open the lines up.

I appreciate any help!

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 04-18-2006, 07:51 AM

I have just booked the Crown Princess for October out of New York. Can anyone tell me about how much a cab will be from JFK airport to the cruise ship terminal? There are actually 6 of us going so if anyone knows of a better way for us to get from the airport to the terminal or a private limo company that would be great.

Also, if anyone has sailed out of NYC recently on Princess; is it an organized check in with the separate sections for Platinum Captain's Circle members? Any idea what time they start the check in? I'm flying in from Boston so I can land in NY at any time as we have a shuttle that goes hourly. I like to get on my ships early but I also have no desire to sit for hours waiting for them to open the lines up.

I appreciate any help!

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 04-18-2006, 06:24 PM

In looking at your transportation from the airport to the terminal, you may want to look at alternatives to taxi's. 12 years ago I rented a Limo from downtown Manhatten to JFK for $40.00. I'm sure prices have changed, but it was definitely a nicer ride than in a Taxi for less money.

The port is new and Crown Princess will make it's first trip out mid June, but I would expect it to be very similar to departing from any other port: ie... boarding around 12:00, seperate check-in for premium members.

We'll be on this ship July 20's and we're looking foward to it!

Jim.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Remember, you will be using the cruise terminal at Red Hook, Brooklyn, not the NYC Passenger Ship Terminal in Manhattan.

Based upon sample fares provided by the NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission ( NYC Taxi and Limo Commission ), you can expect to pay around $40 per taxi, possibly higher depending upon actual distance and traffic conditions. However, as NYC taxis have a four-passenger capacity, you might be better off arranging a private car or van service.

Closed Thread