Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2006, 11:06 AM

Hello,
We are going on the Dawn for the Dec23-Jan3 sailing . Any shore excursions that are a must ? Any to miss? We are in our late 30's and fairly active.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:32 PM

What ports will you be visiting?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:53 PM

I guess that would help?! Mazatlan, Acapulco, Zihuatanejo, pt Vallarta and Cabo then back to SFO
Old 08-10-2006, 09:23 AM

There's a good review under Holland America, titled Mexico, where a couple moderators had some advise for these ports. Hope this helps.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:23 PM

Are you going on the GOLDEN 4/22 out of SF?

So are we. 1st-timers! Age, interests?

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVCRUISEN:
I guess that would help?! Mazatlan, Acapulco, Zihuatanejo, pt Vallarta and Cabo then back to SFO
Old 10-01-2006, 07:27 PM

We have fav restaurants in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo. Amazing restaurants, off the beaten path, cheaper than eating in the tourist areas, none of us got sick which is a plus:-)

Find my review on the Diamond, should post in a day or 2.
2005 Coral Princess 21d Panama Canal
2004 Sapphire Princess 10d Mexican Riviera
Old 10-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Administrator

We loved the Sierra Madres tour out of Mazatlan. We visited several small villages, with stops in a brick-making yard, tile shop, and fabulous bakery, and also saw a very good cultural show. The tour was about 5 hours long and well worth it. Then again, we are very much into history and culture and not so much into adventure tours. But, I hope this helps somewhat.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:52 AM
When we did the Mexican Riviera it was our first cruise. We chose to just walk around and shop at the ports. When we got off in Mazatlan we met a couple from Hawaii. We were approached about doing a time share tour. NO plans to buy a time share but they assured us we would not be pressured and what we would get would be worth the 90 minutes of our time. We all decided...why not?

Let me tell you...it was! All our transportation was provided to and from the ship. We were taken to a beautiful Hotel for a tour that lasted only 45 minutes. We were then seated at a table and offered a drink. It was only about 10:30am but I chose a Margarita. Let me tell you, this was the stongest Margerita I have ever had. I gave it to my husband. I should have ordered a Coke. We politely told them we were not interested in buying and that was it!

We were then given a wristband and told we would be taken to another hotel for our reward. I thought...oh here we go. Bring us to the nice hotel and now they are going to take us to a dump. I was wrong. The next hotel was even better. There we were allowed to enjoy this beautiful hotel and everything it had to offer. All the drinks and food we wanted FREE! We had a wonderful time! We were seated at a beautiful table overlooking the beautiful beach and ocean. The 4 of us had several rounds of Margeritas, appetizers, main course and dessert and oh yes...one more Margerita for the road!

We found out that the landscapers make 60 pesos a day to keep the grounds beautiful which is about $6.00 a day. We wondered what the waiter makes then. We left him a $25.00 tip. I wonder if he had to split it with others. If not, then the waiters have a much better income. We came prepared to enjoy the beach and swim but the other couple did not so we decided just to shop. We shopped for T-shirts and they shopped for diamonds!

When we were finished shopping we grabbed a taxi with the pesos we had been given at the hotel for our trip back to the ship. The sun was setting and the views were beauitful! We had a wonderful time and had spent a total of maybe $30.00 for the day. So if you are approached in Mazatlan about doing a time share tour do not be afraid to do it. You will have a wonderful day. Make sure you bring your things for the beach.

Closed Thread

Tags
10, cruise, day, mexican, princess, reviews, riviera