Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Banned

Everyone is always pushing insurance. The problem is no one will ever tell you what the insurance really covers because I don't really think anyone knows. All they want is the premium and commissions.

Here is another story and I wonder if it is really true

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14125368/from/ET/

The next paragraph is taken from the above link. It seems a little unbelievabe that a Princess agent spotted her sickness and flagged her the next day. How did the agent single her out as a passenger?

"It happens that Carol Rudoff checked “No.” She knew why she’d been sick, and she was feeling fine now, so she decided to just let it go. Unfortunately for Carol, a Princess agent had witnessed her air sickness at the Houston airport and had flagged her for an embarkation check."

Is this more propaganda, and what does any insurance cover except a false sense of security that turns into a nightmare when you have to use it?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:51 AM

It seems a little unreal to me that they knew who she was in the Houston Airport. Maybe she was wearing a name tag. I understand the concern about norovirus getting on board, however, I wonder if she had checked yes what would have happened. I always get insurance because I book so far in advance, plus my hubby's mom is in her 90s. So....we never know what might come up. The insurance companies have to make up the money they spent on the hurricanes so they can give their CEOs 100mil+ bonuses. I mean honestly, how can these poor people live on a 6-10mil a year salary.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Maybe she was wearing a name tag.
It might also have been the Princess travel tote in her lap when they wheeled her off the plane to a waiting ambulance...

Old 08-16-2006, 07:41 PM

The recent terrorist attempt in London should be a reminder to everyone why travel insurance is important. There are all types of travel insurance. Most them all cover cancellation due to medical, death in the family, and unforseen incidents such as your house catching on fire the day before you leave. They also provide trip interuption, trip delay, lost baggage, missed plane connections, and medical evacuation and more.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:00 PM

Many scoff, but they'll sing a different tune if something happens and they wish they had bought that insurance. Have had several friends and clients need to use it for various emergencies that came up before and during their cruises, and they were mighty glad to have had that insurance. Yes, I always "push" it, but it's to benefit my clients, not necessarily to add to my bottom line.

You can find out what the insurance covers as long as you're willing to read through the policy (which admittedly is no fun).
Old 09-09-2006, 03:39 PM

I do buy travel insurance, but I will never buy it from the Cruise line. Had a bad experience when NCL cancelled a repositioning cruise and I had bought my own airfare.

That experience taught me never to buy travel insurance from the cruise line.

I have been on several cruises where people broke bones, had heart attacks, dehydration to the extent they left the ship, etc.

Just do your research before buying a policy.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:18 PM

Here is the problem with buying insurnace from the cruise company or any company that you book a trip with that sells their own insurance:

If the company goes out of business, your travel insurance is worthless.

Now, that may be a rare occurance, but it can happen. If you buy from a third party company, bankrupcy of a tour company will have no bearing on your travel insurance.

And third party insurance companies often have better coverage.

We always buy travel insurance, just for the fact that we could become sick and not be able to travel or, having elderly parents, want to ensure our vacation money is not gone in the event of an illness or death.

Closed Thread

Tags
norovirus