Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Banned

What do you guys think? Here is the situation. We want to do a cruise out of NYC in aug or sept. We want to take a 7-9 night cruise. The carnival goes to 2 ports we have already been to but is much cheaper. Most of all the lady loves princess but she loves saving and doesnt like cruising as much as myself. What do you guys suggest, what are the pros and cons.... thanks!
Old 12-09-2006, 06:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by raffles:
What do you guys think? Here is the situation. We want to do a cruise out of NYC in aug or sept. We want to take a 7-9 night cruise. The carnival goes to 2 ports we have already been to but is much cheaper. Most of all the lady loves princess but she loves saving and doesnt like cruising as much as myself. What do you guys suggest, what are the pros and cons.... thanks!
I would vote for Princess. Since "the lady" does not like cruising as much as you do but she "loves" Princess...I would spring for Princess. If the extra money bugs her, have a garage sale to make up the difference!!
Old 12-09-2006, 07:29 AM

I agree! The path of the least resistance will be going with Princess. Then you can be offense rather than defense! LOL

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 12-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Agreed!
Path of least resistance; keep 'em happy at all cost! Gives you some leverage on the next one, too.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Banned

Thanks a lot guys....any pros and cons between the 2 ships benefits......?
Old 12-09-2006, 05:34 PM
I don't think you mentioned what two ships!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Banned

Carnival Miracle VS Grand Princess

I know that carnival will have a younger group...
Old 12-10-2006, 08:34 AM
I can't speak to Miracle, but if "the lady loves Princess", she's really gonna' love Grand Princess. If you have not yet been on one of the Grand Class ships you are in for a treat. And yes, the age on Princess might be older, but not that much older on a 7-9 day cruise.
You guys are probably tired of me banging the drum for Princess (and no, I don't own stock--not yet!); but I've sailed with them for years and had nothing but positive experiences.
My wife is like, "all ships are pretty much the same", but she was REALLY impressed with Grand Princess.
If I can answer anything specific for you, just ask.
Whichever you choose, have a great cruise.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Banned

Thanks F mattox! I am leaning toward princess because that ship just looks so great, can you tell me more about it
Old 12-10-2006, 06:07 PM
O.K., you got me started now!
It is every bit as great as it looks, IMHO! If you haven't already, go to princess.com and check out the photos and deck plan.
First let me say I've never been a fan of the "big" ships; the original Royal and Regal/Crown, at 1200-1500 pax were my ideal; and I really liked the Sun Class also, though larger. But Grand Princess changed my mind. Not once did I feel crowded, or rushed, or taken for granted like I thought I might. The staff was friendly, courteous and attentive. The shore excursions were very well organized and punctual.
We like traditional dining so I can't speak to the "anytime dining" option, but I understand the menus are the same. We loved everything that was placed before us. We also didn't try the specialty restaurants; I can't see paying again for what I already paid for. But those that did raved about them. And there are great grilled burgers and fresh-baked pizza by the pool all day. The Horizon Court(buffet)was great for breakfast, lunch and casual bistro-style dinner(no extra charge).
The entertainment was varied and professional--especially the dancers--just outstanding!
The ship itself was spotlessly clean and well maintained. Two highlights for me were the promenade deck that went all the way to the prow--the only ships I know that you can do that--and the terrace pool all the way aft where you can lie in the pool and watch the wake streatch out behind--very relaxing.
The cabin was an obstructed view on Emerald deck; very comfortable and plenty of room. The cabin steward was very attentive and the room service was always prompt.
Lots of fresh flowers throughout the ship--this impressed the women.
All in all just a wonderful experience.
If you have any more specific questions, well, as you can see, I just love to talk about ships.
Bye for now.

Closed Thread

Tags
augor, caribbean, cons, cruise, cruising, nyc, pros, sept