Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2003, 04:02 PM

We are going on vacation in August - that later part. We are waiting until a week before or so to book a cruise or all inclusive week in Mexico. Looking for a good deal. Any one out there done this? Suggestions?

Vernon
Old 06-02-2003, 04:02 PM

We are going on vacation in August - that later part. We are waiting until a week before or so to book a cruise or all inclusive week in Mexico. Looking for a good deal. Any one out there done this? Suggestions?

Vernon
Old 06-02-2003, 07:08 PM

The main snag you might run into, waiting that late, is being able to find air seats to the resort or port of embarkation. This year there are so many good deals out there, you may not run into any better ones close to departure. My advice, don't wait - certainly not that long!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:05 PM

You also have to take into account that the cruise lines want information weeks beforehand, so you can be investigated thoroughly. Waiting until a week beforehand will probably give enough time for clearance. There are many good values out there, especially the Caribbean in August, as this is hurricane season, and a lot won't take the risk. If you're willing to risk it, the deals are there. I just saw a week in the Caribbean starting at $269/person. How can you not afford to take that risk?
Old 07-15-2003, 06:00 AM

I've seen balcony rooms available on the Grand for $661 if you're into that kind of thing.

Last cruise I had a balcony and I'm not sure I could live with an inside room anymore. It all depends on your tastes though. I really enjoy sitting on my balcony reading a book as the waves go by. Others want to do all the shipboard activities.

Though the airline bit is probably going to be your biggest problem when it comes to last minute travel, airfare will more than likely eat up any savings you might have gotten unless you live near the port and take a cruise. You'll still probably have to pay $50-$70 for parking though...

Closed Thread

Tags
13, advice, advise, book, cruisae, cruise, deals, find, forum, forums, march, minute, review, till, waiting, week