Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi rockwallrick.....don't get any ideas about women and dirty work
If you want to go to Aix and or Provence, the ships tours are the way to go in my humble opinion..as I said; so much to see and do and so little time
Have fun
Old 05-19-2010, 01:42 PM

That would be truly scary, looking into the ocean to see if you could find someone overboard, yuck!

I know what you mean about having to make the announcement 3 times. I have come to believe people think requests, laws, rules, dress codes, and such are meant for everyone else but them. We had some people in their shorts come into the dining room at night. Oh well, it's just the way it is now. Barcelona sounds marvelous!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:11 AM

Can't imagine my Wife doing that, she might break a nail!!! lol I will be flying into Barcelona the day before my family gets there so I should have some time for sightseeing!! We will be embarking the Cruise from there!
Old 05-21-2010, 01:31 PM

That sounds marvelous, rockwallrick. Please let us know how your cruise goes, too!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:59 PM

Hi Finlander,

Have seen many good specials on various lines for Transatlantic voyages; however, just can't bring myself to travel for those many days on water without seeing land. You went May 1 to May 15 (how was the temperature on the Atlantic? Do people use the pools? How cold does it get in the evening outside? Do they have the air conditioning on or heat in May? And, is a balcony worth it for that length of time while so much time is over water? Just a few questions.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi pink845
JUST DO IT....I can't emphasize how relaxing and enjoyable it was to just enjoy the ship..that's what you are paying your good money for.
Fortunately we had good weather, daily temperatures were in the 60's...the main pool area was enclosed with the open roof so the pool was in a fair amount of use, definately a lot of people sunbathing. The evenings were coolish, a sweater or wrap on deck was a good idea. The staterooms are individually temperature regulated so you can choose more or less air conditioning.
We made good use of our balcony (we got a super upgrade from inside to balcony). The sides are fairly high (I'm 5'3") so, for me, sitting down was like being enclosed...the sun was shining but any breeze was deflected by the glass balcony. I love balconies as a rule so I am probably biased but there are so many areas on board the ship that one could enjoy the outside without having a balcony.
I just found it mezmerizing to watch the waves and relax.
Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:43 PM

We would love doing this crossing, but would rather do the north route, stopping in Canada, Greenland and Iceland, this way you do not have that many days at seas. We do not like so many sea days. Two or three is alright, but not any more than this.

Closed Thread

Tags
activities, chefs, crown, cruise, kid, princess, review, reviews, rome, sanctuary, sea, ship, strike, table, transatlantic, weather