Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2005, 08:36 PM

Hey everyone,

I know some people that are in their early 20s and they were thinking of doing a 6-day Transatlantic cruise on the QM2. The stereotype that most people get for this cruise line is that it's for older people, not the younger generation. Would this ship be a good choice for them? They love the fancier and more elegant ships, but they also want to have fun. What would your advice be? Thanks so much!
Old 05-30-2005, 11:42 AM

QM2 is defenitely a ship for elder people. But the main reason to be avoided is the extrem poor service on board. It's really not worth the money. There are better cruise lines, i.e rci. More details you will find in the cruise reviews.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:10 PM

I don't know about the service on QM2, but I think if your friends are looking for fancy & elegant but fun, they would be happy on many of the cruise ships these days. They range in decor from "Las Vegas" to sedate, and have a variety of activities. If they want to do a transatlantic cruise, you can find them both spring and fall with several cruise lines - Royal Caribbean, NCL, Holland America (again, more older folks), MSC, even Carnival - who are sending one or more ships to Europe for the summer, then returning them to the Caribbean for the winter season.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:34 PM

Sam893107,

I was onboard "QE2" today and had an opportunity to have lunch with Cunard's General Manager for Germany, Austria and Switzerland who told me that Cunard does have a somewhat younger average age on "QM2" than on "QE2's" longer cruises. She even told me that during the summer holiday months, they sometimes had up to 200 children (plus their parents, who were mostly in their 20s to 40s) onboard.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-01-2005, 01:20 PM

I'm sorry to dissapoint any of you out there with these stereotypical views...but my husband is not yet 40 and i'm late 20s, we also cruised with our young son of 6. We had a fantastic cruise on QM2 last year, we have cruised before and I have sampled many ships in my line of work. I am not sure which ship the person who said the service was poor was on, but it wasn't the same one I travelled on!!

There is a really good mix of ages on QM2, G32 nightclub was surprisingly busy, we enjoyed the chart room most (every!) evening, more of a wine bar atmosphere, and the commodore club, just my husband and I, as the place was usually empty and v. quiet.
They have lots of kids on board in school hols, so be warned if you're not into other peoples children like we're not! We went October, lot of middle age Brits, all ages Japanese (they seem to take whole family on cruise), all ages US. 25s to 35s mainly brits and US, and mainly in couples.

Hope this is of some help, do ask any other Qs you have.

Rosey

Ps, this old persons ship you speak of, may have been QE2 (shes always popular with the die hard regulars, most of which have been on her most years of her 36 yr lifetime!)

Although, for the record, i know a few 'younger' people going on her this year.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:49 PM

Rosey,

this supports what I have been told on "QE2". Many thanks.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
adults, age, avearge, average, busy, cruise, cunard, lines, mary, nightclub, people, qm2, queen, reviews, young, younger