Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2005, 08:21 AM

Hi all, i'm getting paranoid now that i'm going to forget something and they won't let me board the ship. What all do I absolutely need in order to board? I know my credit card, drivers license, and passport. Anything else? I've done the Passenger Immigration form online so that is taken care of, any other forms that i'm needing to fill out? Thanks!
Keri
1st Cruise-Golden Princess-May 28, 2005-European Capitals
Old 04-30-2005, 11:09 AM

Sounds like you've got it covered. Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months after you travel, just to be on the safe side (some cruise lines and itineraries require that, others not). There may be a few additional short forms to fill out when you get there, but I wouldn't worry about them, as they are simply last-minute stuff (for example, we got handed one in San Juan to read & sign having to do with norovirus).

Have a wonderful time, Keri!
Old 04-30-2005, 02:55 PM

Keri, sound to me like you are "good to go". You might want to consider making a copy of your passport and getting it laminated. Although, it isn't necessary for getting onboard, it is always nice to have this handy to take ashore with you and leave your real passport in the safe.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-30-2005, 05:55 PM

Keri,
Keep your cruise documents handy as well
On my last cruise a gentleman next to me on the bus left his carry-on with all of his paperwork to be checked! He did manage to board, but, not without a lot of hassle.
28 more days
Old 04-30-2005, 06:16 PM

Hi Karen and Sunprincess! Thanks for the advice...the professors that are going with my group have copies of our passports, so that area is covered as well. I have all my cruise documents in the original envelope, and plan on taking that with me in my carry-on bag on the plane. Thanks again for all the help!
Keri
1st Cruise-Golden Princess-European Capitals-May 28, 2005
Old 04-30-2005, 06:25 PM

Just an FYI - make sure to keep camera(s), film and any valuables with you in your carryon too. The new security x-rays used for checked luggage are more powerful than the ones for carryons, and can damage film.

Sounds like you're all set, Keri!
Old 05-01-2005, 04:51 PM

With everything in order, get checked in. They will give you a very important document, called the "cruise card." Take this card to your room, it opens the door. Then, drop off your stuff and take that cruise card to the nearest bar. Show it to them for a cool one (or two or ten). Start the relaxation and don't stop until you get back to home port. Have a great one

Harry
Old 05-01-2005, 06:19 PM

Hi Harry! I've heard of the "card". I'm going to do what you say, check in, get in the room, look around, then go straight to the bar (unless we are going to have a group meeting or something with my tour group!) I'm looking forward to relaxing...especially after this last semester of college, i'll need it!
Keri
1st cruise-Golden Princess-European Capitals-27 days to go!!
Old 05-02-2005, 06:34 AM

Kerri,
Sounds like Harry gave you some good advice. What a great way to celebrate the end of the semester. Have fun and make sure you keep a journal of all the neat stuff you see and do - then make sure to share it with us. Wow - European Capitals sounds like an awesome cruise itinerary. Enjoy!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-02-2005, 04:28 PM

Hi Nancy! I sure will, I have a journal that i'm taking and will write down what I see each day at the end of the day. I make scrapbooks, and this will help me in doing that. BTW-It's not just the end of a semester, it is the end of college. I graduate on May 13th! WOOHOO!
Keri
1st Cruise-Golden Princess-European Capitals-25 days to go!!

Closed Thread

Tags
carrying, cruise, cruises, needed, paper, paperwork, peperwork, princess, requirements, ship, trip, work