Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 10:31 AM

Hi
I am 1st time cruiser. I am 41 years old and travelling on my own. I am very young and wanted to know if i have selceted the correct cruise. I am going on the sea princess on 8 th Dec on her caribbean adventurer cruise.
Has anyone been on this cruise or can any tell me i am not going to get stuck with 2000 pensioners ?

Ian G
Old 11-04-2007, 12:42 PM

I think you'll have a great cruise on Sea Princess as a 40 something single. Carnival probably has more single passengers than any other line simply because of the way they set up their single rate structure. Most others charge you double the per person rate, CCL is normally 1 and a half rate and sometimes lower, especially in the Cat 1A.

I've never had a cruise I regretted. Had a great time on all of them, some better than others. Give us a report on your trip when you get back. But most of all go have a great cruise.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-05-2007, 07:06 AM

Hi ian grim, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I don't know how you could possibly not have a wonderful time on the Sea Princess. She's our favorite ship, so far, and Princess is our favorite line. There is always a good mix on the Caribbean itineraries. Everyone thinks that Princess caters to an older crowd, but it's really not the case. The longer the itineraries on any cruise line, the older the demographics. We'll be on our 6th Princess cruise shortly, only once did we do a 7 day, most have been 10 day and 2 have been 14 day. The 14 day itineraries did seem to have an older clientele, but it wasn't all pensioners by any stretch of the imagination. The Sea Princess is beautiful, our favorite 2 bars are the one on the Lido deck and the one that used to be called the Rondezvous (outside of the photo gallery). The Movies Under the Stars is great! The shows are good, and the commedians are a hoot! Our first cruise on her, we had a table for 6, there were 2 in their 30s, 2 in their early 40s, and us (at that time upper 40s). We met plenty of people on board your age and younger. We snorkel in every port, so we met a lot of people on our excursions. I do hope you give it a chance and enjoy yourself. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!

Closed Thread