Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2007, 02:38 PM

My MIL just called to say that she'd like to take us all on this cruise in March. At the time, our kids will be 3 and a half (boy) and nearly 7 (girl). Do you think that will be fun for them? Is there kids stuff to do?

Two years ago we went on the Carnival Glory. While it was fun and interesting, being stuck with my then 8 month old left a lot to be desired! I'm hoping this will be better!

Anyway - I'd love to hear about your experiences!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:38 PM

My MIL just called to say that she'd like to take us all on this cruise in March. At the time, our kids will be 3 and a half (boy) and nearly 7 (girl). Do you think that will be fun for them? Is there kids stuff to do?

Two years ago we went on the Carnival Glory. While it was fun and interesting, being stuck with my then 8 month old left a lot to be desired! I'm hoping this will be better!

Anyway - I'd love to hear about your experiences!

first cruise - June 4th - Carnival Glory
Old 06-22-2007, 05:33 PM

I was on the Big E in April. There is a kids area on one of the top decks thats totally enclosed and it had those three wheel bikes etc. But to be honest I only saw a couple of small babies in arms
on ship. I would check on Cruise Critic and ask if anyone has taken kids on it and how they found it.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:33 AM

I was on the EP in May. There were hardly any children, perhaps becuase of the month. The kids area on the top deck has no shade, and is very limited acitvity, totally fenced off so kids can't get out. I just didn't feel the ship was conducive to kids especially that small. I am not even sure I would bring my 11 year old on that ship. Lots of older people.
Good luck with your decision.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 PM

Going to the Caribbean, there should be more children on board. Princess has a club for the children, which includes games, swimming, etc., depending on their age groups. The Emerald is currently in Europe, the itineraries are longer than 7 days, and usually the longer the itinerary the older the clientelle. The staff on Princess is very professional and take good care of children. I think you will have a wonderful time. The Emerald will be less than a year old next March. She has the Movies Under the Stars. We're sailing on her in November, Lord willing, so can report back then. We're doing the Caribbean, however, it's a 10 day itinerary. I'll be happy to let you know what the demographics are like. Best wishes and I'd be jumping at the chance for a free cruise!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by penny3333: We're doing the Caribbean, however, it's a 10 day itinerary. I'll be happy to let you know what the demographics are like. Best wishes and I'd be jumping at the chance for a free cruise!

Yes, ours is 10 days as well. I'm a little nervous about that. I'm not sure I've ever done any single thing for 10 days!

first cruise - June 4th - Carnival Glory
Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 PM

But you won't be doing a single thing for 10 days, you'll be doing different things daily. You'll have sea days and you'll have port days. You'll even have time to relax. I love 10-14 day itineraries, of course, if I could afford it, I'd live on board

Closed Thread

Tags
10, caribbean, cruise, day, eastern, emerald, emeralds, princess, reviews