Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 08:03 PM

Hi. Me and my wife are considering going on a cruise with our 2 kids (ages 10 and 8). Does anyone know what the Saphire Princess is like for kids? I'm particularly interested in knowing how the cabins are arranged? Do they put in bunk beds in the cabins? Should we get an inside cabin or an outside cabin? What types of kids activities onboard? Are kids allowed in the night clubs (my kids love to dance)?
Old 01-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Administrator

I'm supposing from your note that the four of you will be sharing a cabin. In that case, you'll need a "quad," which will have two single beds plus two beds that your steward will pull from the ceiling at night. Once down, they will look like bunk beds. During the day, they are once again pushed out of the way.

If you can swing it, see about a mini-suite. There is a pull-out sofa bed instead, and a lot more floor room. We had three in a standard balcony cabin on on of Sapphire Princess' sister ships, and it was a bit tight, although we managed.

Princess has fabulous kids' facilities. We traveled with friends who had a 9-year-old and he loved the kids program and couldn't wait to get there every evening. Kids are allowed in most of the ship's night clubs as long as they are with a parent. (Our son likes to dance, too.) Yet, the kids will have their own parties in their Club, as well.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:43 AM

We have taken several cruises with our
kids. We have never gotten a min-suite, but based on prices, have found it cheaper to just get two adjoining cabins. That way you also get another bathroom! :-)

Closed Thread

Tags
cruising, facilities, kids, princess, sapphire