Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2005, 02:32 PM

Hi there.. My mother and I will be taking Sapphire Princes next month to Alaska. All of sudden, we hear stories about crimes at sea. The most recent is a murder onboard a Princess ship complete with missing body and blood on deck. Then we hear that the cruise lines do not do criminal checks on the employees they hire..that anyone can be hired on no matter what their character or criminal history might be. This does cause us both some concerns and makes us wonder if anyone else has heard this too. Thanks !
Old 08-24-2005, 03:28 PM

Kathi,
I know your question is about background checks, which by the way I believe the cruise lines DO do, but I thought the missing body and blood on deck happened on a Royal Caribbean vessel - I haven't heard of any recent occurences on Princess. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:05 PM

Hi Kathi,

I agree with your concern. The article that you are referring to caught my eye as well,however I don't recall what cruise line it was either.

We have had the opportunity to cruise on more than one occasion and have never had a problem. We do use caution however as to when and where we are alone. Hubby and I have certain knock patterns when entering the room if the other one is alone.

We are also cruising to Alaska in Sept. on the Sapphire Princes (Sept 11)maybe even the same time you are! Hope you have a great time, the ship appears to be beautiful AND I've heard that the shopping rates are best in Alaska on the last two cruises of the year...gotta love it!
Old 08-25-2005, 11:55 AM

I never did see or hear of the crime(s) on any of the ships myself but my mother did but she was pretty certain is was a Princess..actually, I don't think it matters to me what cruise line it is. All I have ever seen or heard about is the service on board issues. We are going on the 18th of Sept. The only thing I had ever heard about was disgruntled passengers not getting the service they expected etc. Thanks for the replies! Hope ya'll have a great cruise I know we will
Old 08-25-2005, 01:07 PM

Probably an isolated incident, but to clarify - it was Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas. We are looking at a Panama Canal cruise in February and it was one of the ships we considered which is why I remember the name. Relax and enjoy your cruise.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:45 PM

Thanks Mary for the clarification..and for those words of advise to relax and enjoy...I think we will have a great time. I have really appreciated all the tips, hints, suggestions and reviews from others about their cruises. Thanks to all of you...I will be sure to get a review in when we return. : )

Closed Thread

Tags
background, backgroung, backround, caribbean, check, checks, cruise, cruises, line, norwegian, norwegion, norweigian, princess, royal, ships