Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2004, 06:30 AM

Would like to hear from anybody taking this cruise and also inputs about private or cruise ship tours. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:30 AM

Would like to hear from anybody taking this cruise and also inputs about private or cruise ship tours. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:54 PM

Hello, I am taking this cruise in July via the Grand Princess to the Baltic; Copenhagen to Copenhagen. I have asked questions about excursions to comfirm I will be making the right choices. I was surprised to see your name is Iris. Mine is Iris. Hope you have a wonderful trip and please let me know how it was when you return. I am so very excited about it and have already determined which excursions I will take. I plan to go to Moscow while I'm in St. Petersburg. That should be awesome. Have a good one and please let me know of your trip. Good Luck! Iris
Old 02-28-2004, 08:53 PM

iris, also forgot to tell you the excursions for Russia are probably best reserving one with the cruise line. You would not have to worry about getting a Visa. Princess takes care of it. Most other countries can be visited on your own. I favor the excursions from the ship because I don't want to worry about being late or any difficulties with direction wasting prescious time figuring out where to go. Also, I am going alone and really don't want to chance the problems. I prefer spending the extra money and have the security. If it was the U.S. I would not worry so much. Sure hope to hear from you when you get back. Iris Faye
Old 02-29-2004, 06:35 AM

Hi IRIS: We also were thinking about taking all Princess tours. We are going to Moscow oned day and the other day to St. Petersburg thru Princess. Having a problem getting the papers we need to get a visa for Moscow. Princess and our travel agent don't know what we need. Would love to hear from you. Irisbobi@hotmail.com
Old 03-29-2004, 07:19 PM

Hi iris
If you take excursions with the cruise ship, you will not need to worry about a visa. All you need to go on this cruise is a passport. The cruise ship attends to your visa. "No worries for you" This happens only if you take excursions with the cruise line. You need nothing. If you take the trip on July 8th, let me know. I might have the chance to say hello. I am very excited about taking the Moscow excursion as well as the one in St. Petersburg on the second day. I will be going to the Hermitage in the a.m. and taking another excursion to see more of the city right after lunch. I should be able to grab a burger on the ship between excursions. You can reserve your excursions now in the system. I have already reserved mine to guarantee the ones I want to see. Let me know if I can be of help again. Take Care! Iris Faye
Old 03-30-2004, 05:39 AM

Hi: We are on the 5-19-04 Grand Princess cruise. Are you also doing the grand princess? We are taking the Peterhof tour on the 2nd day in St. petersburg. Couldn't find it on the afternoon tour so that we could do the Hermitage in the morning. WHich tours did you book through Princess if that is who you are going with. My email address is: irisbobi@hotmail.com
Old 04-07-2004, 11:18 AM

I am going on the Grand , but on the 8th of July. The following are my excursions: Royal Stockholm from 8:30 am to 4 pm "Sweden" 7/10 Then Finland--Helsinki City Highlights from 9 am to 12 pm 7/11 Then Moscow on 7/12 7:30 am to 11:59 pm Introduction to Moscow Then 7/13 in St. Petersburg 9 am to 12:30 pm Hermitage Museum and another excursion from 1:43 pm to 5:15 pm "Leisurely St Petersburg" Then 7/14 Tallinn Estonia 7:15 am to 12:15 pm "Best of Tallinn" Then 7/15 "Gdansk City Sampler" Poland 10:15 am to 3:45 pm Then 7/16 "at sea" Then 7/17 in Norway "Open-Air Folk Museum and Oslo" from 8:15 am to 11:45 am. Sure hope this helps. I have your email address and I will get any new info. for you when something comes up. Also--anyone out there sees these excursions and think I may not be choosing the correct ones; feel free to give input. Have FUN iris--from Iris Faye
Old 05-18-2004, 01:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Iris Faye:
I am going on the Grand , but on the 8th of July. The following are my excursions: Royal Stockholm from 8:30 am to 4 pm "Sweden" 7/10 Then Finland--Helsinki City Highlights from 9 am to 12 pm 7/11 Then Moscow on 7/12 7:30 am to 11:59 pm Introduction to Moscow Then 7/13 in St. Petersburg 9 am to 12:30 pm Hermitage Museum and another excursion from 1:43 pm to 5:15 pm "Leisurely St Petersburg" Then 7/14 Tallinn Estonia 7:15 am to 12:15 pm "Best of Tallinn" Then 7/15 "Gdansk City Sampler" Poland 10:15 am to 3:45 pm Then 7/16 "at sea" Then 7/17 in Norway "Open-Air Folk Museum and Oslo" from 8:15 am to 11:45 am. Sure hope this helps. I have your email address and I will get any new info. for you when something comes up. Also--anyone out there sees these excursions and think I may not be choosing the correct ones; feel free to give input. Have FUN iris--from Iris Faye

Hello Irises. My name is Rais. My wife and I have our trip scheduled on 5/29/04. We traveled with Princess before. Nice company. I know that you already booked your trips to Moscow. It is kind of sad. St. Petersburg is a great city and there is a lot to see over there. Those two days that the ship stays over there is definitely not enough time to see just the highlights of the city. I lived there for two years. I would recommend to see St P-g now and make separate trip to Moscow some other time. You gonna miss a lot not getting inside Peter and Paul Fortress or St. Isaac Cathedral. Not to mention Summer Garden or Kazan Cathedral.

Closed Thread

Tags
714, baltic, care, cruise, excursion, grand, iris, itinerary, jan, july, july2004, powered, princess, review, reviews, vbulletin