Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 06:18 PM
In my opinion, no, it's not the same.
The coupon books have already been paid for. Their resale and subsequent use has no effect on the cruise company's bottom line; in fact it actually would increase the bottom line since it requires the new owner to make an outlay of money to take advantage of the coupon.
Internet use involves an expense to the company; a person or persons other than the owner using the card results in additional expense to the company from a fraudulent activity.
To me it seems similar to people using other people's soda cards.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:17 PM

There would be some that disagree; that subject was discussed in length on a thread under Royal Caribbean. The books aren't paid for though, they are given to repeat passengers for their loyalty. So, should people they aren't intended for be able to use them? That was the discussion on the other thread.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Sorry, Cruise Fanatic,
I didn't realize the coupon books were gifts to past passengers; I thought they were purchased. That changes my opinion on selling them. While there is no effect on the company's bottom line, that is not what they were intended for.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
It doesn't sound that way to me. The word "credit" in the original post leads me to believe that everyone pays something, but those in Captain's Circle will have $75 to $200 subtracted from their bills.
Your right on that Lisa. I misread the info posted on their web site. At least it gives some free time to check your e mail.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Banned

Honestly, the cost of the internet on the ships is outragous. I think I paid a total of 11 bucks for like 10 minutes of service on NCL. Also, why gon on a cruise if you want to be on the net the whole time? Keep the inet use to a minimum people!
Old 01-24-2007, 02:21 PM

Princess dangled the carrot at cruisers so that they would rebook over and over to achieve the goal of Platinum and Elite. These cruisers saw the Free Internet as a great perk.

Now that we have reached the goals, Princess has reneged on the promise.

Bait and switch, if you ask me.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm not so sure it's so much bait-and-switch as it is Platinum and Elite members abusing the perk.

I have seen members passing their cards around quite openly on the ships; and I've seen the practice advocated in these forums.

I have to think we did it to ourselves.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:00 AM

We allowed a few of our friends to use the internet a few times but not to the extent that it would have cut into the profits that drastically. Has anyone heard if the new allowance is per cabin or per person?
Old 01-25-2007, 07:54 AM

I have contacted Princess and been told that the new internet credits are per Captain Circle member. I'm not sure if I like this as I tend to use the internet more than my husband, hence I cannot apply his unused credit to my account.
Cheers, Joyceh
Old 01-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Hello joyceh,
since you use your cruise card to log on couldn't you just use your husband's card? I don't think anybody would quibble with the ethics of a spouse using the other spouse's card.
And yes, the web site confirms the credit is per member, not per cabin.

Closed Thread

Tags
access, accessing, caribien, cruise, cruises, cruisesfree, forum, free, internet, offer, platinum, princess, princesseliteinternet, princesss, unlimited