Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2006, 05:56 PM

We will be going on the Star Princess on December 2, 2006. It is traveling to the Western Caribbean with the following itinerary:

At Sea
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Grand Cayman, Island
Cozumel, Mexico
At Sea
Princess Cays, Bahamas

What days will the formal nights be?

Does anyone know what the menu will be on each day, so we can plan for a night at the steakhouse when the main menu doesn't appeal to us? I know that many of us take pictures and/or notes of the menu, so any help would be great!
Golden Princess - March 2003
Disney Magic - October 1998
Old 02-20-2006, 10:50 AM

Not guaranteed, but when we went on Star:

First sea day: Captain's Cocktail Party
Second sea day: Gala Dinner

Generally it's the first night after departure and 2 nights before return.

Make sure you have an appetite for the steak-house; it's awesome!!
Old 03-24-2006, 11:05 AM

It has been my experience that the formal nights vary with each itinerary. Check your Princess Patter (daily guide to cruise activities) on the first day. Look for the cruise itinerary section which will list the day, port of call, dress code for dinner, as well as port arrival and departure times for the entire cruise. The menu for the next day is posted infront of the dinning rooms after dinner. I was just on the Star with my daughter who is a very picky eatter. Our waiter was nice enough to give me a preview of the next day's menu before we left the dinning room. Reservations go quickly for Sabatini's and the steakhouse so my advice would be to make your reservations as early as possible. Both resturants are excellent and well worth the extra money.
Hope you have a great trip.
Val
Old 04-19-2006, 07:55 AM

In general on a 7-day cruise the second night and the second to last night will be the formal. But to be certain you will need to wait until you are on the ship and ask. They will be able to tell you as soon as you are on board.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 04-19-2006, 01:02 PM

I don't have a copy of the menu's but I do have most everything else...Patter for each day, shopping guides, pier info for Cozumel. Let me know if you want copies of anything.
Rich
Old 04-21-2006, 03:50 AM

We had our first formal night on the third day, which was the first full day at sea and our second formal on the sixth day on the way back - they also have the champagne water fall party on that night but have eliminated the crepes. Princess has also eliminated the Crusercize (organized activities program) a few years ago which we really enjoyed. The same activities are still offered but the participation isn't as active as it used to be. We had a reversed itinerary from yours. It's still a good cruise line and great ship layout- I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:51 AM

Hello Snickerd, we will be on the Star Princess with you in Dec. I am new to this board and I have not found your roll call section yet. Please post here again and say Hi.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 PM

Hi DinghyCruzer! I don't get on these boards much lately and I haven't posted a roll call or anything, since the last one I did, no one responded to.

Only 219 days left!
Old 04-26-2006, 04:13 PM

Thanks everyone for responding! Rich, thanks for the offer of copies - I may take you up on it, I'll let you know. We have been on this itinerary before (on Caribbean Princess) and I know the piers have changed, due to the hurricanes.

Closed Thread

Tags
10, cruise, day, dose, formaal, formal, golden, night, nights, photos, princess, prinncess, star, starprincess10daycruisemenu, when