Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2004, 08:22 AM

Has anyone had a balcony on the Caribe deck on the Diamond Princess. We have booked C505 - comments anyone?
Old 08-10-2004, 08:22 AM

Has anyone had a balcony on the Caribe deck on the Diamond Princess. We have booked C505 - comments anyone?
Old 08-11-2004, 06:04 AM

Hi Bobby,
We just got off the Diamond, and we weren't on the Caribe deck, but I'm pretty observant, and since no one else has answered you yet...

The Caribe deck is deck #10, halfway between the Lido deck (#14, no deck 13) and the Promenade deck #7. It has regular size staterooms (183 SF and very comfortable) the same as the rest of the ship, with a balcony that looked to be about 6' deep x 9' wide (the width of the stateroom)that is directly over and looks down into the balcony of the Dolphin deck below. The Dolphin deck seems to have the minisuites, and their larger balconies project over deck 8 (Emerald, where we were and has no balconies on the sides)and create the covered exterior walkway of the Promenade deck. Everyone from Caribe up to Lido can look down into the Dolphin balconies, but Caribe, Baja, and Aloha are totally enclosed with windbreaks/privacy screens between the balconies.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:04 AM

Thank you, Dyxiegirl, for the info. Hope you had a great cruise. Did you enjoy the ship? Can't wait to begin ours, even if I had to sleep in the galley.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:10 AM

Bobby,
You might want to check out Dyxie Girls great review of the Diamond Princess that was just posted on CruiseReviews. It is a great read!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-11-2004, 10:58 AM

NancyN: Thanks for the tip about the review. You were right - it was a great read. Dyxiegirl does have a way with words. Now, more than ever, I'm ready to cruise - but have to wait until October!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:54 AM

Bobby, I know how you feel about waiting! I thought my family was going to kill me because every day I would tell them one more little bit of info about the ship or the ports or packing. They forbade me to talk about the cruise for a while, they were so sick of hearing about it. But after we were actually on the cruise, I think they were pretty glad to have all the info.

If there is anything you want to know about, just ask. I could have made that review a novel.

PS: we didn't need the duct tape, the night light, or the flashlight on the trip, but the air freshener was a necessity! (What is it with men and rich food?!)
Old 08-11-2004, 03:34 PM

Dyxiegirl: Too bad we're not going on the same cruise together. You have a great sense of humor and would get along great with my wife.

I notice you're from Texas and I live in Arizona now, so the comment about men and rich food just means that we're off our diet a little. We're used to fried armadillo, prairie dog stew and snake jerky, right?

If you ever do turn your reviews into a book I'll be your first customer.

Closed Thread

Tags
balconies, balcony, c505, cabin, caribe, cruise, deck, diamond, dolphon, golden, open, princess, review, reviews, ship