Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2004, 11:28 PM

Hi everyone! I just came back from a 10-day Mexico cruise on the Sapphire Princess and it was awesome! I decided to book another one on the Coral on April 27th 2005. I booked a guaranteed F cabin for just me. A girlfriend of mine decided she wanted to join me so we booked her the same thing, a guaranteed F cabin. We both purchased the 189.00 insurance. Just wondering if..
We should try and change our reservation now and get a mini-suite balcony since together we are spending about 6000. If that's even possible. We booked it through travelocity. Or should we just leave it how it is?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Eliza
Old 10-28-2004, 11:28 PM

Hi everyone! I just came back from a 10-day Mexico cruise on the Sapphire Princess and it was awesome! I decided to book another one on the Coral on April 27th 2005. I booked a guaranteed F cabin for just me. A girlfriend of mine decided she wanted to join me so we booked her the same thing, a guaranteed F cabin. We both purchased the 189.00 insurance. Just wondering if..
We should try and change our reservation now and get a mini-suite balcony since together we are spending about 6000. If that's even possible. We booked it through travelocity. Or should we just leave it how it is?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Eliza
Old 10-29-2004, 03:20 PM

This far out, had you booked through a travel agent you would have no trouble changing from an oceanview to a balcony (if the space was available). I do not know what the policy is when you go through someone like Travelocity, however. It is certainly worth pursuing for the savings as well as the enjoyment of the balcony, now that it is affordable. I would suggest you check with Travelocity first, then the cruise lines to determine your options. (BTW - Welcome to Cruise-Chat Eliza).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-29-2004, 04:58 PM

Go for it! A mini-suite is way cooler than a regular oceanview room.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:55 AM

Guess what--- i called Princess and travelocity and we got a mini-suite balcony AB room. Awesome huh? I'm so looking forward to this trip, can't wait!

Eliza
Old 10-30-2004, 06:52 AM

Eliza,
That is GREAT news!!! I am glad it worked out for you. I am sure you will have a super time.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-30-2004, 07:02 PM

AWESOME! You guys will have such a great time. Be sure to write a review when you return.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 11-01-2004, 07:21 AM
Banned

Eliza

You will not regret it. You have already spent a lot and the little extra will take the cruise from a good one to a great one.

Be sure to get room service every day for breakfast. There is nothing like sitting on the balcony and having breakfast or coffee in the morning. I have found you can write in something on the order form and they will deliver. My wife would write in a bagel and cream cheese and she would get it. Take some singles for tips or you can also charge it.

We just got off of a Princess cruise and they now have booze availble by the bottle for in room use. They did not offer Kahlua so you may want to take some. The prices are reasonable enough so it is not worth the hassle of taking anything else. Ex. liter of Grey Goose is $29 and A liter of Crown Royal is $25. Order enough juice if you want to use it for a mix. We would order 4 grapefruit and 4 orange and then put it in the fridge. There is nothing available during the day except coffee and tea.

The only problem with the mini suite is you will be spending more time in the room than you would have with a ocean view.

Enjoy!
Old 11-01-2004, 11:57 AM

Thank you so much for the replies! RIDGID, that's a great tip about getting room service for breakfast and having oranges and grapefruit in the fridge. I'm so excited!

Thanks again, everyone!

Eliza
Old 11-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Banned

Eliza

I meant orange juice or grapefruit juice for mixing. They bring it in small 4 oz glasses. I would pour the juice into a larger drinking glass, add some vodka and ice and sit and relax on the balcony. You have to get it at breakfast so order enough because it is not available during the rest of the day unless you want to pay for it. Anything left would go into the fridge for later.

There is a separate order form for in room fruit. Upon arrival there was a bowl of fruit that had apples, oranges, bananas, and grapes.

Closed Thread

Tags
8038, cabin, mini, minisuite, ocean, oceanview, princess, reviews, suite