Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   What are the shows like on Princess? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/21392-what-shows-like-princess.html)

CruiseDad 03-19-2007 09:08 AM

I have never sailed on Princess but am very interested in fellow chat member's opinions of the dancing shows on the two ships. Princess is owned by Carnival but the experience could be very different. Specifically, How elaborate are the costumes, how good are the dancers, is the choreography good, how about the sets? What do you see the dancers doing other than dancing? On the Fun Ships they run Bingo, the Library, pose for photos, boat drill, Port duty etc.
I'm sure there are plenty of cruisers out there that have been on both. Or maybe doing a princess soon and could take note for me.
Thanks http://images8.fotki.com/v154/photos...33/wave-vi.gif

BJS 03-19-2007 10:48 AM

I have never been on Carnival but understand the shows are not the same with any of the Carnival Brand cruise lines. I have been on HAL and prefer Princess shows.

It depends on your point of view whether the production shows are good or not. We have enjoyed the majority of them.

Some of the costumes are basic and some elaborate depending on the number. Some the dancers are very good and other are just good. They rotate in and out so some have been working together for weeks and others have just arrived and are learing. The sets are not elaborate and it will depend on the ship what they are like. The larger and newer ships have raising platforms, etc.

The dancers do not run bingo or the libaray that I've ever seen. There is a cruise director and staff who run the social activities. I've seen them at the Muster Drill and going on shore excursions as a crew rep.

I'm not sure why you are asking? The questions sound like you are a dancer looking to work on a ship or know one that is?

penny3333 03-19-2007 11:51 AM

Hi Cruisedad, I answered your post under another section. However, in my opinion, the shows are much more professional on Princess.

CruiseDad 03-19-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BJS:
I have never been on Carnival but understand the shows are not the same with any of the Carnival Brand cruise lines. I have been on HAL and prefer Princess shows.

It depends on your point of view whether the production shows are good or not. We have enjoyed the majority of them.

Some of the costumes are basic and some elaborate depending on the number. Some the dancers are very good and other are just good. They rotate in and out so some have been working together for weeks and others have just arrived and are learing. The sets are not elaborate and it will depend on the ship what they are like. The larger and newer ships have raising platforms, etc.

The dancers do not run bingo or the libaray that I've ever seen. There is a cruise director and staff who run the social activities. I've seen them at the Muster Drill and going on shore excursions as a crew rep.

I'm not sure why you are asking? The questions sound like you are a dancer looking to work on a ship or know one that is?
WOW you are a Princess Cruise expert. Look at all those cruises. And going again soon. I left you a private message with a little more information. Please hit me up again when you return from Hawaii. I loved those islands. Did it in the 80's on the Independance. Aloha

f-mattox 03-19-2007 01:15 PM

CruiseDad, I also answered your post in the Carnival section--I saw that one first.

tom and angie 03-19-2007 04:48 PM

we have just been on 1 princess cruise. I thought the shows were good, everything from comedy,hypnosis, to dance shows and singing. Actually we are going to go on the caribbean princess again this year.

BJS 03-19-2007 05:47 PM

Cruise Dad see my private reply.