Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   Info on Princess Cruises....Carribbean Princess (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/21426-info-princess-cruises-carribbean-princess.html)

Carmen 03-23-2006 03:31 AM

Ok...I've never sailed with Princess Cruises. This year I'm trying the Carribbean Princess. HAS ANYONE ever travelled that vessell? Any information you can offer. Please give it to me straight....THANKS

Edit: Moved to P&O Princess Cruises (Carnival plc) forum. RF

penny3333 03-23-2006 02:15 PM

I've never been on the Caribbean Princess. We've been on the Sea twice, the Sun twice and the Dawn. We have never been disappointed in the condition of the ships, the food (although the Sea and the Dawn were better than the Sun), or the service. The Caribbean is larger than the ships we usually sail on, but is probably similar in layout. I don't work for Princess, but I really enjoy sailing with them. I've been on Royal Caribbean, Norweigan Caribbean, Costa, Holland America, and Carnival. Of all, Princess is my favorite. We're going on the Sun in October and I can't wait. I think a cruise is the best vacation one can take and I bet you'll enjoy Princess as well. I'm sure there is someone that can fill you in on the Caribbean. I've seen her in port and she is beautiful. Have a wonderful cruise.

barbarah33 04-19-2006 08:01 AM

I sailed on her in November with a group of 8 - all very experienced cruisers. I would be happy to answer any questions you have or offer any information. Just let me know.

stive1 04-21-2006 03:44 PM

We have sailed this ship twice. Had a great time on both. Would not hesitate to sail it again. Anything I can answer let me know.

Sunprincess 04-21-2006 05:55 PM

Welcome to Cruise Chat & Princess Carmen,

While I have not yet cruised on the Caribbean Princess, I am an Elite Member of the Princess Captains Circle - which means I have done over 16 cruises with Princess -

I hope that you will enjoy your cruise.
You say your first with Princess, but, not your first cruise??

The Caribbean Princess is the largest ship in the Princess fleet currently.
I will be honest, I started out years ago on the small Pacific Princess & have worked myself up gradually to the Grand Class Ships.
One thing I do believe Princess does a great job with is creating intimate spaces within the huge ship.

Princess service & quality is excellent.
The majority of the time I do travel alone, and rate safety #1. Never any problems or concerns being alone on the ship.

I have no complaints about Princess Dining options. You will find enough choices to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.

Princess shows & entertainment are good.
I will say that if you do cruise frequently this can be a frustration in that the production shows do not change often.
You will be able to experience Movies Under the Stars (MUTS)-something I have yet to do.

I have been on other cruise lines (Home Lines, Costa, NCL, Carnival, RCCL), but, since 1996 have been exclusively with Princess.
Why? Overall excellence http://images7.fotki.com/v157/photos...xthumbs-vi.gif

If you have any specific questions ask.
Good Luck & Enjoy your cruise.
Be sure to let us know how it was.

Cathy

snickerd 04-26-2006 04:24 PM

We cruised on the Caribbean Princess in 2004. We loved it! We had been on the Golden Princess the year before and it was VERY similar - almost the same layout and dinner was the same. We didn't have a problem with that because it was easier to find our way around the ship and the meals were good, so it was OK to have the same as we did on Golden. We preferred the Golden's layout better (where there were differences) and also liked that there were less people on the Golden. We really wanted to go to the night club, but were either too busy or too tired to go (and we have been on 2 Princess cruises). We are going again (Star Princess) in December and are making sure we go to the night club. We thought the fact that the Caribbean had the movie screen was cool, but we never had an opportunity to use it. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

snickerd 04-26-2006 04:25 PM

Also refer to my review at http://www.cruisereviews.com/Princes...nPrincess1.htm

3rdtimesacharm 05-21-2006 09:42 PM

I sailed the Caribbean Princess in November of 04. Fabulous ship. She was fairly new at the time so everything was in good condition. The rooms were large, food excellent. My husband and I enjoyed the Personal Choice dining option and truly enjoyed formal nights. We had been on the NCL Star in 2002, also quite new at the time and were surprised that very few people dressed up. Timing is important as well. We sailed on Princess the week "after" Thanksgiving and were told that the Thanksgiving week was filled with children. Not what I wanted on my cruise so we were lucky. My husband and I will be sailing in September of 06 on the NCL Dawn out of New York and know that NCL is a notch below Princess. As this will be our first time on a ship over 1 year old, I'll be interested to see the condition and service. Happy cruising. You will enjoy her immensely, I'm sure.

debandtim 05-31-2006 07:53 AM

Its a fabulous ship - it was spotless last year in June, fabulous food, the ship was sold out and never felt crowded. The design is terrific. We've sailed Carnival, NCL, Crystal, Holland America, and Royal Olympic, and it was our favorite overall experience. You will have a great time!