Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2006, 06:35 PM

After all the commotion surrounding the Crown Princess,we were a bit worried about cruising on August 16...but, no need for concern...it was absolutely fantastic! The ship is gleaming clean, we never felt crowded, the food was wonderful...check out the International Cafe for lunch and afternoon cookies! We did have to wait in line to straighten out our traditional dining choice, but once that was done, everything exceded our expectations.
We traveled into NYC by train to Grand Central. It is true..the cab drivers do not know where the Brooklyn pier is! Finally, after getting in and out of three cabs, the driver knew the way. The way back to NYC after the cruise was a bit more tricky, hardly any cabs, so we had to take a car service. There were loads of these available, about 40.00 flat fare. If you go to Grand Turk, go horse back riding on the beach...spectacular! The beach at port was lovely too. In Grand Cayman go on the helmet dive. What an amazing experience! The Jamaica port was not so nice. We did not go on an excursion, instead we walked into town to shop. Every few steps someone was asking if we wanted a cab. That was a bit creepy, but the shopping was fun and you can haggle over the prices. next time I would go on some kind of excursion because the port area is not pretty at all. Back to the ship, the movies under the stars was fun, entertainment great and we won $400 at bingo so what could be bad?!! All around fabulous time.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:25 AM

Glad to hear a positive review on her. She looks to be a beauty. Hope you've booked your next cruise. We haven't left on this year's first cruise and I've already decided on next year's cruise. Guess I'm hopeless. Anyway, it was wonderful to hear you had a fabulous time
Old 09-29-2006, 05:41 PM

Thanks for your review.
I am Crown Bound in 19 more days.
Cannot wait

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Closed Thread

Tags
dive, helmet