Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 01:49 PM

We sailed on the Emerald last year, the Grand was her inspiration. The layouts should be very similar. The Emerald was huge, the food was fantastic, the service was superb, and the ship was immaculate. Here are some pictures if you'd like to look. We did both specialty restaurants, Sabatini's and the Crown Grill. I personally enjoyed the Crown Grill better. They had this amazing Black and Blue Onion Soup. The broth had Jack Daniels (Black) and there was blue cheese melted in the cheese topping, it was worth the surcharge alone. Sabatini's serves you everything on the menu and you pick your main course. Maybe that was why I enjoyed the Crown a little more, there was so much food in Sabatini's I just couldn't eat it. My hubby had the lobster in both places. They grilled the lobster in the Crown Grill and did something else in Sabatini's (which I can't remember). My favorite place was the Sanctuary, beautiful view and total serenity. They have a resistance pool the deck below the Sanctuary. We did personal choice dining, which we love. It's the same menu as the assigned seating restaurant, except for baked Alaska night (they don't bring the Alaskas out on fire). I've really been thinking about doing an over seas itinerary, and one day would like to take the QM2 over and the Princess cruise from Venice to Ft. Lauderdale via the Caribbean back. I'll need to save for a long time to do that one. When are you sailing? Is it a 10 or 14 day itinerary? I've seen so many specials on the travel channel, one day, I'm going to get over there.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:28 PM

Ours is a 12 day deal. We've been to Venice once before but we could only stay over night. And when we got up the next day is was cold and wet and we never got to do much more than have lunch, see the square and back to the train.

So we got ourselves a cute little room overlooking the canal and we're just going to settle in for 3 days there at the end of the cruise.

You should have seen my boss' eyebrows when I told him I wanted 2-1/2 weeks off.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:01 AM
That picture is one of the avatars on this site, however, I chose it because it does resemble me (when I was somewhat younger). I have never flown anything and have not yet been to Hawaii.

Need some cruise help?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Grand Princess has two specialty restaurants, Sterling Steakhouse and Sabatini's Italian resaurant.

Need some cruise help?

Closed Thread

Tags
sabatinis