Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 02:09 PM

Anyone with recent experience doing this? My wife wants to take a small suitcase just for alcohol. We don't want to pay uncorking fees or have our alcohol taken and returned at the end of the cruise....thx
Old 04-09-2007, 02:34 PM

It depends!

We just returned from Hawaii on the Island Princess and had no problem boarding the ship in LA with 2 bottles of scotch in one of our suitcases. Nobody asked and we said nothing. We left the scotch in open view in our cabin, and nothing was said.

In at least two ports, I think Honolulu being one of them, there were signs posted at the security gate as we exited the ship, to the effect that liquor could not be brought back on the ship without being held until we reached our final destination. I do not know if this was enforced.

At most ports, nobody cared, and we brought liquor back on board without difficulty.

On our last night, we had an expensive bottle of wine left in our fridge,so we decided to take it down to the dining room. We paid a corkage fee, $16?, and enjoyed the wine at dinner.

I think bottom line is "do you feel lucky?

Good luck!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:23 AM

You'll probably have no problem getting the booze on board, especially if it is packed in your large suitcases (not in your carry-ons). But, if you decide to enjoy your wine with dinner in the dining room you'll probably have to pay the corking fee ($15). The good thing is if you don't finish it, they'll re-cork it and serve it you the next night (without another corking fee!).
Old 04-11-2007, 07:00 AM

You can take wine and champagne openly onto the ship for "special occasions". On our cruise last fall, we boarded with a tote bag containing 5 bottles of wine with no problem at all. We also bought some wonderful Italian wines ashore and brought them back onto the ship without incident.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 AM

here is my story ,star princ. march break, I took vodka,wine ,kahlua and 4 beers in our luggage getting onto the boat (try and get it in plastic bottles)I locked our luggage so they couldn't just open it with out me there.no problem booze in the room .stopped in cozumel and bought 2 bottles of wine ,12 beer,2 bottles of kahlua and carried them back onto the boat in a plastic shopping bag sent them through the x-ray nobody said a thing.
It's alot cheaper to take your own and just ask the bartender for a glass and it is no problem at all lookin like a big spender.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:16 PM

THX everyone. Sounds like we shoudn't have much problems.....I pity the fool who takes the wine from my wife...lol
Old 04-11-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ross555: lookin like a big spender.
Well at least you got the look going for you, what do you make with that assortment?

Closed Thread

Tags
alchol, alcohol, alcohool, board, cruise, luggage, onboard, taking