Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 01:04 PM

I normally leave my digital camera, Ipod & GPS out most of the time thinking the cabin steward would never think about lifting them. They're of relatively little value considering their age & why risk losing a job over it & probably be blacklisted from ever working on any cruise line again. It's the only time those items are actually out of my possession. I would never think of packing them in any luggage.
It makes me think twice now.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:10 PM

I agree. I guess I am too trusting! To put this in perspective, this is probably a rare occurence. But it's an eye opener for sure.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:52 PM

On my most recent cruise, I left my camcorder in the safe if I wasn't in the room, along with my phone.

I agree that a free cruise is expecting too much considering the circumstances. Maybe offer having them pay to recover the files, but not much beyond that.

If you bring a laptop, I can only offer a couple suggestions. First of all, consider having a log on screen, so that you have to type your user name and password, similar to what you may have to do to sign on at work. It's pretty easy to set up. Also, if you have a laptop cable lock, you may consider bringing that, although I don't know what you could lock it to besides the chair in the room.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 10-13-2010, 03:39 PM

Password protection is a joke for log on screens. A computer lock is probably offers more protection.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:08 PM

I think they deserve more than having the files recovered. At least half the cruise was messed up. I know if that happened to us, my wife would not want to leave the room for fear something else would be stolen. She would make extra trips back to the room to check it ect.
I don't think a new B2B is called for but a 7 day cruise on Princess would not hurt them. No matter what the legal paper says, this was their employee doing the deed. They should step up.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:05 AM

Gary, I agree.

Nadine
Old 10-14-2010, 10:01 AM

Looks like they are hitting more boards. I hope they do not get themselves in trouble for posting something they can not back up.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:50 PM

I believe there is some hidden agenda here. This story is probably made up for what ever reason.

mark
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas 2009
Carnival Freedom 2010
Old 10-14-2010, 03:59 PM

Yea I don't think we know the rest of the story yet. I find it hard to believe that Princess did nothing. I have only cruise Princess once. We were unable to get into our cabin until after dinner. Not sure what the problem was, but they had a nice fruit basket and bottle of wine in our cabin when we were able to finally get in.
I have a feeling something was done, but the OP just wants more.
Strange also they only post once, then never go back and reply to any messages.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:41 PM

The time to do something was when you were onboard the ship. Since it was their employee who stole your laptop you should have gotten documentation of the whole investigation..names of Princess Staff and the name of the employee who stole your computer. At that point you should have told Senior Staff that you now hold them liable since they are the acting agent who discovered that their employee was responsible for stealing items from your stateroom. Whoever that person was you could have sued them in civil court and had the police at the port to make a formal arrest when you arrived at your home port. Trust me on this...Princess would have negotiated with you on this because they do not want things like this taking place where consumers can see or talk about. These are things we don't think of but nowdays you have to be prepared to do what is necessary to protect your rights.

There are other ways to get what you want but it's at the time you were the victim,,,not when you leave the ship and then want recourse. It takes a level head and negotiating skills to walk into their turf and get results.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, camera, carnival, code, cruise, crusie, curise, laptop, princess, put, ship, shipcamera, stolen, theft, wwwcan