Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2002, 01:16 PM

I guess this just proves different people like different cruise lines. I have sailed Princess multiple times and hope to cruise with them many more times. I have always been treated well on Princess and I personally have had no problems with the food on their ships. There have been minor problems on some of the cruises but they were always taken care of immediately and with absolutely no hassle from the crew.

I have seen people have problems with some of the crew on several cruise lines but than if I was treated the way the passenger treated the crew member the passenger would have had problems with me also. I am not saying that this is the case here.

I hope the origianl poster finds a cruise line that they are happy with and wish them well on a future cruise.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:28 AM

PEB, I couldn't agree more.

Why is it that SO MANY passengers (on all lines) think that the crew are their slaves?
Old 11-08-2002, 04:41 AM

I would like to point out that I am NOT a passenger from Hell, despite my comments about our Honeymoon cruise. Far from it!

I actually work in a customer service industry and know that had I treated my customers the same way that we were treated, then I would be looking for another job! So I expected the same level of service that I give to my customers and found it sadly lacking.

My expectations were very high of Golden Princess, having travelling 8 times with P&O Cruises and once with RCI, and booked on Golden Princess believing that this would be the best combination of British and American and we were so looking forward to the cruise.

Do you really think that I wanted to be in floods of tears 2 days into our Honeymoon???
Do you really think that I deliberately went out of my way to be that upset???
Do you really think that I wanted to spend my Honeymoon having to rectify problems that should have been sorted out before we boarded the ship???

I feel disappointed that some people have felt the need to resort to snide, sarcastic comments ("passenger attitude", "sourgrapes" !) to what was an honest opinion and I fully appreciate that other people find Princess Cruises the best as I had truly thought they would be!!

Regards
Karen
Old 11-08-2002, 05:13 AM

I'm new to these types of things. Why are poeple getting upset when other people say that a ship was terrible? Aren't these places were we all can have an opinion, after all we don't in totalitarian society or do we ? Is it normal to make personal comments about anothers perspective and where you there with that person at that time or have you even been on the same ship ? It would appear Karen did not have a good experience on board this ship. HROSEWB boo hoo ... such a kind a educated comment... thanks... very well thoughtout and full of point and constructive....Makes you feel so much better...Please act your age not your shoe size.

I cruised on Golden Princess in August of this year. I have cruised with other cruise ships, personally I found the ports of call to be great. But and its a big but, the ship was poorly designed the ship had lino on one of its decks...I personally thought that the signage for the restrooms was pretty poor. I found the rooms to be of a quality that I would expect from a cheap motel, rather than the 7000 US we paid for our 15 day cruise. I don't think the Golden Princess was, what it could have been, it had key side appeal, but the rest was sadly lacking.

Lets stop the bickering and at least express adult points of view, please.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2002, 06:44 AM

For the ones in this thread that have experienced what they consider bad service from Princess employees, you have every right to your opinion. You should write a letter to Princess to express your concerns even if you have already filled out the comment cards.

If I was having the problems you say you were having with the employees on the ship Princess would have heard from me. Would I have let it get to me enough to get me so upset that I would holler or cry? No I have to many other problems in my life to let service on a ship get me that upset. If I got as upset as you were about service would I sail with Princess again? No unless I did get some type of confirmation that my complaints were listened to and something was done about them.

As I said you absolutely have a right to your opinions and a right to express them here. For those of us that have not run into the problems you had we also have a right to express them. We may not always express them with the right wording. If the comments I made make you think I was putting you down for your comments that was not my intention.

I do wish you the best in finding a cruise line and ship that you like but believe me at this point I still will sail with Princess because as of now they are still the best line for us and I have had absolutely no problems with them.

I also do appreciate you posting your opinion of your cruise on the Golden Princess.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:59 AM

Very well said PEB. This forum is to express opinions, whether good or bad. It I personally had the problems, I would be down to the pursar's office, trying to get the problems resolved. I wish you the best of luck of finding a cruise line that will fully meet your expectations. We've travelled many, and Princess is right up at the top in all respects. The lack of lino on the floor, was that because they had a non-skid surface instead? That doesn't make a good appearance, but certainly is far safer to the general public.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:03 AM

I don't think that anyone was purposely trying to demean or attack anyone. As said, it can be the way things are worded.

In looking at comments/complaints, I don't take comments about food 'too seriously.' Food is very subjective, what one person considers gourmet, another may consider garbage.

Also, I like to see 'specifics' about the alleged complaints/problems. Such as, 'we order such-and-such and it wasn't delivered', etc.

Also, I am the one who made the remark about attitude. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service can likely tell you that if the person at the other end of the phone is upset, that it many times affects you (who is recipient) and your attitude can reflect. Even inflections in your voice that you don't even realize can quickly change a persons response to you.

Can you please give us some specifics?
Old 11-08-2002, 05:24 PM

I'm so grateful this topic finally got the many responses I aimed for in my post. I accept all the good and bad opinions and appreciate them all. I really can relate to Plucky because it was her honeymoon as this will be mine. I hope I won't be reduced to tears at any point. My fiance is very particular and I don't want to keep saying "look on the bright side". Sorry your honeymoon was not the romantic, beautiful experience it should have been. Clearly, you ran into some rude staff members that set the tone for a miserable time. Negative experiences seem to occur in groups on vacation.

I've cruised only once before. It was on Royal Caribbean or 4 days. It was horrible except for the islands. I was sick from the rocking, the food was very poor (I can't afford gourmet), and the service was poor. I vowed never to cruise again!

However, I heard so many good things about Golden that I couldn't help but make it my honeymoon. Also, I was going to get married aboard ship but didn't work out for the date I wanted. I intend to make the best of every moment and have lots of fun. I just hope nothing and no one does their best to spoil it.

Good luck everyone on your journeys...on and off land.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:24 PM

I'm shocked. I've been on two Princess cruises, the Grand & the Golden, and found them to be wonderful. The staff couldn't do enough for us and our cabins were spotless. They offer all types of foods-if you ordered greasy type food, it is not their fault it is greasy. No one can force you to eat what you didn't take or order.

Maybe your attitude, although not intended, came across as crass. The staff are not SERVANTS but are their to serve.

Closed Thread

Tags
compared, complaints, cruise, cruises, food, golden, horrible, location, passenger, princess, rating, reviews, service, ship, ships, the