Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2002, 10:42 AM

A group of us just returned home off of the Golden
Princess. I will never cruise with this line
again.

The food is very gressey and the service is terrible. There are not to many friendly enployees on this ship. The ship also rocks alot considering we had calm seas (fiqure that one out). And I was sober.

If this is your first cruise you may enjoy it. If you have been on other cruises before and know how
much fun most of the crew usually is, this is not
the ship to go on. This ship also draws a senior
citizen crowd.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:42 AM

A group of us just returned home off of the Golden
Princess. I will never cruise with this line
again.

The food is very gressey and the service is terrible. There are not to many friendly enployees on this ship. The ship also rocks alot considering we had calm seas (fiqure that one out). And I was sober.

If this is your first cruise you may enjoy it. If you have been on other cruises before and know how
much fun most of the crew usually is, this is not
the ship to go on. This ship also draws a senior
citizen crowd.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:43 PM
Banned

We just came off of the Golden on Nov 2 and I did not think that the ship rocked that much. There was not one time that any of the pools had to be closed. I have been on ships where the pools had to be emptied because of the waves.

I don't know what you ordered or where you ate but none of the food I had was greasy. I am a health nut and I stay away from any greasy foods. I do not eat fries, hamburgers, hot dogs or any kind of fast food. I do not eat anything that is deep fried. Maybe the deep fried food is greasy but what do you expect? I found that there was enough variety to satisfy me. Apparently most of the people thought so too because there were always people in the buffet area loading up their plates as if they never ate before and most of them looked as if they never missed a meal.

I only found one worker on board that was not very friendly and that was a photographer. The rest of the personal were very friendly to me.

I don't know what a senior crowd is but there seemed to be a pretty good age mix. May be you wanted to see more teenagers hanging around the pools? It is nice to have a few younger bodies to look at but I don't go on a cruise just for that. Other than that I don't see where the age of the passengers would have any effect on anything.

This one was the best cruise that I have been on out of the 4 that I have taken. But everyone sees everything differently. I guess that I am just easy to please.

[This message was edited by RIDGID on November 05, 2002 at 09:52 PM.]
Old 11-06-2002, 09:08 AM

I'm afraid that I have to agree with Pluckys' comments about the level of customer service from some of the staff on board Golden Princess. We had our Honeymoon ruined by the uncaring, unprofessional and downright rude attitude displayed by members of staff that we came across. By day 2 of our Honeymoon, I was sobbing my heart out at the pursers deak and actually wanted to go home rather than stay a minute longer onboard that ship.

We had 2 A4 pages of handwritten complaints ranging from the unclean cabin (items from previous occupants left in room including sticking plasters on balcony) through to the appalling attitude of the pursers and cabin steward, rotten fruit, incorrect packages being delivered etc.

We had a meeting onboard with the Passenger Services Director Nigel Stewart who was kind enough to arrange a couple of concilliatory gestures, But unfortunately, it was too little too late. I can honestly say, that I have never been so pleased to leave a ship as I was the Golden Princess.

Another Honeymoon couple also experienced poor service and the rude demeanour of the pursers and they were not they were not the only ones. It appeared to us that one needed to really fight (verbally) for what one was entitled to!

Perhaps Princess Cruises needs to be reminded of their cruise Credo C.R.U.I.S.E. Courtesy, Respect, Unfailing In Service Excellence.... All of which is sadly lacking onboard this ship.

We have made our claim for compensation through the UK offices of Princess and are once again appaled to see that the same uncaring attitude is displayed by those working on land as well as at sea. I fully intend to take this to the Executive Vice President of Customer Relations, as I truly believe that the "we don't care what you think or want" attitude needs to be addressed.

We have informed as many of our friends as possible Never to cruise with Princess, so it proves the theory that a happy customer will tell one person, an unhappy customer will tell ten!

However... the ports of call and entertainment were supberb as was the incredibly rough crossing of the Atlantic due to the Hurricane, possibly the highlight of the cruise (apart from getting off the ship)!!

Regards Karen
Old 11-06-2002, 09:26 PM

ohhhhh karen your biggest problem was rotten fruit boo hoo i love them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 09:50 PM

Although I have not traveled on the Golden Princess, we have sailed various Princess ships, and plan another cruise on the Dawn this month. We have always found the food to be excellent, the ships exceptionally clean, and the service/staff to far exceed expectations. We were on another cruise line in August, and everyone that you spoke to talked about Princess, and the excellent service that they received. Possibly, the employees were under stress, worrying about the merger, where their jobs could be affected. Princess is definitely one of my favorite cruise lines. Never once, did we ever receive BAD fruit, and we both eat fruit daily. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 10:18 PM

I just got very annoyed with the very negative comments about Golden Princess. I went in on Cruise Mates site, that ships are rated, and inputted the 3 biggest Princess ships, Golden, Grand & Star. Golden came out on top with an 8.81 rating out of a possible 10, by far the highest. 87.1 % gave service a superior or excellent rating. 75.2 % gave superior or excellent to food, and 73.9 % gave the over-all ship a superior or excellent rating. While maybe the food and service wasn't to your particular liking, I would certainly have to go with the stats, as well as our own experience. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 08:41 AM
Banned

Sue and Hrosewb

Maybe we ought to use reverse pyschology and tell everyone how rotten these good cruises are so we can keep them to ourselves. If less people book the cruises the rates will get cheaper and we can cruise more. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Naw! That would not be fair to the Cruise Lines and would also ruin our credibility. Maybe another way is to always write nasty stuff about everything so the companies will pay us off to retract our complaints. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] I don't think that this would work either unless the company got millions of complaints compared to a few postives, then they would have to change something. I think that it would be a miracle if 2800 sailed on a ship and everyone was 100% satisfied with everything. As you can see I just got off of the Golden. Was everything 100% to my liking? No; but I cannot expect perfection to the smallest detail. There were over 4000 people on board and we all have bad days. And it is too bad that that person's bad day happened to be the one that ruined mine; but @#$* happens. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 08:44 AM

I just found this forum and must reply to this.

Sailed on the Golden Princess in October, the last Canada / New England sailing. This was my 20th Princess cruise (out of 51) and can't imagine that this was the same ship. Our cruise was absolute perfection. Could this be possibly caused by passenger attitude?
Old 11-07-2002, 09:49 AM

I agree with you ridgid, keep the ship to ourselves. We can do without these people that always have sourgrapes about things. Will fill you in when we do our 2nd Dawn cruise in a few weeks. I can't imagine anything but perfection. Think some people just like to be opposite of the majority, maybe to get attention. CruiserAlholic, I wish I could say that I've done as many cruises as you. Maybe someday!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Closed Thread

Tags
compared, complaints, cruise, cruises, food, golden, horrible, location, passenger, princess, rating, reviews, service, ship, ships, the