Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2005, 12:43 AM

We will sail from San Francisco on Dawn Princess to Mexico. It departs at 5pm. Since we are driving, we can arrive at anytime and I was wondering how early we can expect to be allowed on board?
Also, someone suggested possibly carrying your own luggage on board. Will they allow you to do this? It would be nice to have at least one piece of our luggage with us when we enter the room and not have to worry about it!
Old 09-23-2005, 05:06 AM

You should be able to board around noon or so. I would plan on getting there at 11am just in case they start boarding early. Since 911, the cruise lines will generally require you to check your large luggage, but I would strongly suggest that you pack a carry on with everything that you would need for the first couple of days (especially the first day and night onboard. This way you will not have to worry about when your luggage will arrive to your cabin and you can start enhjoying your cruise the second you get on the ship.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 09-23-2005, 05:12 AM

Hi Carolsue,
Welcome to cruise-chat! Barring any problems with the disembarkation of the previous cruise, you should be able to board around noon. One of the nice things about the San Francisco Port, is that if you are unable to board when you arrive, you can always check your luggage with a porter and spend time along the wharf. There is plenty to see and do.

As for luggage, it is always wise to bring a carry-on with you. I always pack whatever I would need to get me through the first day of a cruise (casual day wear, bathing suit, something to wear to dinner, toiletries and meds). Then I can enjoy the day, without worrying about when my luggage will arrive. You would not be able to bring all of your luggage onboard with you as they must be able to pass through security screening (same size as the scanners used at airports).

Nancy

Ooops -sorry Tom for duplicating the information, we must be posting at the same time. But, I guess it is better to have the information corraborated.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-09-2006, 02:51 PM

HI. When are you leaving for your Mexican cruise. My 80 yr old mother is treating my sister and I to our first cruise on the Dawn going on the Mexican Riviera in April. We're very excited but nervous! Please share your experiences with tours. Specifically Swimming with the Dolphins.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carry, cruise, embarkaction, embarkation, long, luggage, royal