Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:07 PM

What a great review! Thank you Rich! I love those kind of future cruise credits.

Dwayne
Old 06-01-2010, 04:06 PM

I get a little tired of reading the reviews of how great the ship was & the cabin steward was wonderful & we how we just loved our waiter. I've seen to many over the years & just try to point out some highlights & differences I've seen. We all know that Princess does a great job- if they didn't it wouldn't be one of the top three cruise lines.

Another thing I forgot to add was about the cruise director- Tim Donovan- He was OK as a director but his jokes were terribly old. I think he rehashed every old tired cruise joke I've heard since I started cruising and not one new one. He really ought to get his act together & do some updated material. It's a good thing he doesn't perform as a comedian on the ship. People would be walking out.
I suppose the first time cruisers thought they were funny or maybe I've been cruising to long.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Another thing I forgot to add was about the cruise director- Tim Donovan- He was OK as a director but his jokes were terribly old. I think he rehashed every old tired cruise joke I've heard since I started cruising and not one new one. He really ought to get his act together & do some updated material. It's a good thing he doesn't perform as a comedian on the ship. People would be walking out.
Yes. I started cruising in 1981 and those jokes just aren't funny anymore. I'm sure the first timers hearing them for the first time think they're hilarious, just as I did the first couple times. They do need new material. There must be a CD's union since they all use the same jokes on every cruise line!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
It goes through any TA you choose. You get the better price either from Princess or your TA plus if the TA is offering any cabin credit it's added to the doubled cabin that Princess is giving you which in my case would be $485 for a 10 day cruise + stock holder cabin credit + credit card cabin credit if you choose to use it.
Royal Caribbean quit letting you double dip with stock holder credit and another RCI credit. But you can get TA credit and one RCI credit.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Okay, show of hands . . . .who has heard these before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!...9tFM&feature=related
Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Administrator

I've never cruised with him but I think that must be the CD "Tex", who is beloved by many Carnival fans. Personally I don't care who the CD is, as long as he or she is a competent manager for the entertainment side of the house.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:51 PM

F-Mattox,
Are you sure you were watching that video, or all the ones in the side bar showing women in bikinis?
Old 06-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Well, truth be known, a little of both .

One of my few complaints about Princess is that the Cruise Directors and their staffs just try too hard to always be "entertaining"; they must teach this in Cruise Staff School because they all do it. I agree with Dave: keep the entertainment and activities running smoothly and leave the entertaining to the entertainers.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!...9tFM&feature=related
Like I said previously, I must have been cruising for to long but the guy on the video even had 2 jokes that Tim Donovan didn't! He should listed to the guy & pick up a couple of newer ones.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:

I've heard them many times! He actually left a few of them out.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
buffet, buffett, cape, claws, cod, coral, crab, cruise, cruises, florida, legs, lobster, princess, saila, seafood