Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 09:04 AM

We just returned from two weeks on the Emerald and was hopeful that they would have the seafood buffet with lobster claws, shrimp & crab legs but there were only shrimp, mussels & scallops the first week & only shrimp the second week. I believe it was the first week that we had crab claws in Cafe Carib during the week but they were almost impossible to open & hardly worth the effort. My wife asked the waiters for an opener & he did get one but he didn't leave it at the table. He stood there & opened each claw as I ate it....weird. I do not like having someone stand over me & feed me morsels of food.
The main dining room did have the lobster tails & large shrimp on both formal nights.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:50 AM

I do love being pampered on vacation, but that is just a tad out there !
Although, I would try it..

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-24-2010, 10:44 AM

How strange, everytime I've had crab on board, it has been cracked for me. Of course, this was in the dining room. But you would think in the Cafe Carib, they would crack the legs before serving.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:43 AM

They usually crack the lobster claws if that's what you were thinking but these were medium crab claws & not cracked. I resorted to using my knife handle to beat them to death but it was tough work (and messy). They weren't worth the effort.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:53 PM

Welcome Back Rich!

That would be an odd thing to have someone crack each claw. When I go out for crab claws here I always tell the waitress or waiter "This ain't gonna be pretty". I have claw pieces and juice flying everywhere. My tablemates should have goggles.

Dwayne
Old 05-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Welcome Back Rich!

That would be an odd thing to have someone crack each claw. When I go out for crab claws here I always tell the waitress or waiter "This ain't gonna be pretty". I have claw pieces and juice flying everywhere. My tablemates should have goggles.

Dwayne
It reminds me of the crab feasts we used to have in Maryland. Spread out the brown wrapping paper over the table & pour the hot crabs in the center covered in old bay. I've even got my old crackers.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:26 PM

Why am I craving crab claws now?

That's exactly how I fix and serve freshly caught Blue Crabs here! Well sometimes I use newspapers. Absolutely nothing like Maryland Crab Cakes!

Dwayne
Old 05-24-2010, 04:34 PM
I never did understand why they serve the messiest meals on formal night. I love to watch the tourists wrestle with a Maine lobster. It's like payback for sitting in the traffic.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 05-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I never did understand why they serve the messiest meals on formal night.
Probably another reason why I order the prime rib on those nights!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:01 PM

Luckily, most often the waiter will take the lobster tail(s) out of the shell for me. Not that I need him to as I know how to do it myself. I definitely wouldn't wear a nice shirt and tie to formal nights if they had crab claws.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
buffet, buffett, cape, claws, cod, coral, crab, cruise, cruises, florida, legs, lobster, princess, saila, seafood