Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2005, 02:41 PM

The itineraries for the the time we want to cruise (Nov. 06) are finally out! I had assumed we'd only have a couple of choices, but there are three different ships!! So, for you experienced cruisers, keeping in mind that we've never been on a cruise, would you how do the Grand, Caribbean and Sun compare as far as things like rooms, balconies, food and otherwise their overall experience. I know this is very broad, and I've read ship reviews, but it's kind of fun to talk about and ponder over, isn't it?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:42 PM

Lady Vidora,

We have sailed on the Grand & Sun and they were both fantastic. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. They both had similar decor, public rooms, and dinning. We really like a mini-suit for the extra room and full size tub. If you shop around you can find a price only slightly higher than a balcony room. Good Luck. Enjoy your cruise.

Caseyg

Caseyg
Old 07-07-2005, 04:51 PM

Lady Vidora,
Your choice of ships can be broken down into various catagories. I started out many years ago on the Pacific Princess(Original Love Boat). Eventually graduated to the Dawn Princess(Sun Class)& Coral. At first I thought the ships huge but, really grew to enjoy the Sun Class ships.
Then I tried Grand Class. To me Princess does a great job with creating intimate space on huge ships. I have really enjoyed the Star & Diamond. Will be on the Grand next July.
As for the Caribbean Princess I have yet to experience her. Have heard great reviews.

I think that the standards are similar on all Princess ships with regard to service & food & decor.
The crew on the ships rotate, but, some have many contracts on the same ship. Having them remember you time & time again is nice.
Check out the Princess website for cabin sizes.
You will get all sorts of reviews as to what cabin is the best one. I love to have a balcony. Never had had a suite. But, sometimes the cost of a balcony can get me another cruise so I go to a lower cabin.
For your special anniversary cruise I would go for the balcony for sure. Check out the suite prices.
Hope this helps some

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 07-08-2005, 01:51 PM

I've been on the Caribbean Princess and she was beautiful. The Movies under the Stars was a great addition and very well suited to the warm weather down in the Caribbean.

Plus side - she's new, she's huge, there's lots to do, Movies under the Stars.

Down side - LOADS of people (but I never felt crowded) and I've heard the balconies are not very private. We had an outside room.

Have a great time wherever you go!

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 07-12-2005, 11:33 AM

Thanks for all of the info.

So what do you guys all think of seven vs. ten? Are there things to do on the ship on Port days if I'm really tired and don't necessarily feel like leaving the boat? Right now we are in love with both the ten day southern and ten day eastern itineraries (from Ft. Lauderdale).
Old 07-12-2005, 04:33 PM

Longer is always better

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 07-13-2005, 08:42 AM

I love the 10 day itineraries because they depart from Ft Lauderdale which is normally cheap to fly to and relatively expedient.

And I agree, longer is always better!

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 07-13-2005, 10:51 AM

10 days without question. It just seems that when you finally get settled and into cruise mode on a a7-day cruise, it is over. I prefer at least 10 days (more is even better)

Tom
Old 07-13-2005, 06:45 PM

I would never consider a cruise of less than 10 days, with 12 to 14 days being much better.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:17 AM

Lady Vidora,
Some of my best cruise days have been days in port - when I have stayed onboard. There are still activities scheduled and it is so nice to sit out by the pool and have my choice of deck chairs, go to lunch at the buffet and there is absolutely NO line, etc. If it were my choice, I would definitely go for the 10 day cruise (or longer).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread