Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2007, 07:04 AM

Hi all, I am taking my Dad on an Alaska cruise for his 75th birthday. We are southbound and starting in Fairbanks for a 3-day land portion. Can someone explain to me whether we are restricted to one bag during the whole land portion, and we have to not need anything from second suitcase for 3 days, relying only on the first one. It is not clear to me from the instructions, and it definitely impacts the way we pack.

Also, we have booked a penthouse suite on Diamond Princess. My understanding is that as a result, we have free access to laundry services ono the ship. Does that mean we can take less clothes and have laundry of pants/shirts done every day in rotation if we want? Again, it affects the way we pack. Can the ship get laundry back in a day, like a hotel can?

Thanks in advance for any input
Old 05-05-2007, 10:17 AM

I can't answer the land portion from experience but I do know you can do a search of cruisecritic.com and find tons of information from those that have taken the land portion.

We have laundry done on the ship almost daily as an Elite perk and yes you can have your laundry done daily and yes you can request express service and it is returned the same day around 5 pm. This is a wonderful perk and cuts our packing down considerably. So nice to send things that need dry cleaning out to just be pressed if they are wrinkled from packing.

Future cruises:
Star Princess - Dec. 2007-Rome- TA
Crown Princess- May 2008 TA & Baltics
Pacific Princess-Nov. 2008-Holy Land & Egypt
Diamond Princess- Apr. 2009 Asia- Bangkok to Whittier
Past cruises:
Golden Princess-2007-Alaska
Sea Princess-2005 Canada/New England
Diamond Princess- 2005 Mexican Riviera
Star Princess- 2004 x2 Med. Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome
Dawn Princess - 2004 x3- Southern Caribbean
Grand Princess- 2003 x2 W.Caribbean/ 2004 Panama
Sun Princess- 2003 Mexico
Tahitian Princess- 2003 Tahiti & Cook Islands
Royal Princess- 2003 x2- British Isles / Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Island Princess- 2003 Panama Canal / 2007 Hawaii
Sky Princess- 2000 China & Orient
Sitmar's Fairwind - 1979 x2- Caribbean/Panama Canal
-------------------------------------------------
HAL-Amsterdam- 2004 Alaska
HAL Ryndam - 2001 x 2- S. America
------------------------------------------
Viking Spirit/Pride -2006 Budapest to Amsterdam
Old 05-05-2007, 04:57 PM

Hello, we are going on the land tour after our cruise which is leaving Vancouver June 9th and we had the same questions. We finally had our travel agent call Princess and they confirm that you will have to check all bags in on both the train and bus portion of the tour. This means that what ever can't fit under your seat, which is very small must go with your big bags. All of your bags will come with you on the land portion, so don't worry about that. I think that this is a fair way of doing it. We have 1 big bad each and 1 small regular size airplane carryon which is too big to fit under the seat, so we know it must be check with out other bags. I know it's very cofusing and you get several difference answers. I hope that this clear it up a little for you. Enjoy your cruise and have fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, baggage, clothing, cruisetour, kind, land, landcruise, luggage, packing, princess, requirements, review, rules, tour, tours, trip