Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 11:01 PM

I am about to book my 8th cruise. Previously I have booked obstructed or partially obstructed oceanview rooms on Carnival and Princess and so far have always been able to get a good view either above or around a life boat. Need some feedback from past cruisers who have stayed on Sapphire Princess in obstructed view rooms. Which cabins are really badly obstructed ie. very little chance of seeing thru the life boat !!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:37 AM
The Princess deckplans are very accurate; the catagory E cabins on Emerald deck have no lifeboats in front of them; there is some equipment that will partially obstruct the view. The FF through HH cabins are obstructed by lifeboats to various degrees. If you look closely at the deckplans you can see which cabins are between lifeboats and which are directly behind them. For example E306 and E307, E508 and E509 and E518 and E521 would have a pretty good view between tenders; the rest would be obstructed to various degrees.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:15 AM

Hi funtohappen, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your up-coming cruise. I haven't had the pleasure of sailing on the Sapphire, however, f-mattox is spot on. What itinerary are you booking? Princess is our favorite line, but we're trying Celebrity at the end of this year. Can't wait to get back to Princess, though. Best wishes and hope your cruise is fantastic!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:40 PM

Thanks Penny333, I am looking at Mexican Rivera ex LA in January. This is my 8th cruise, 3rd with Princess have a hold on E332. Princess and Carnival are my favourites, we don't see many new or big ships downunder !!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:15 AM

Did you sail on the Sea Princess when she went down there? She is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, the Emerald and Caribbean are beautiful, but the Sea, Dawn and Sun are perfect to me. Easy to navigate, not too many people. Although on the Emerald and Caribbean (haven't done the Grand or Ruby--yet) it never seemed crowded. I did love the Sanctuary on them.

I haven't done the Mexican Riviera itinerary, but they're offering such fantastic prices, I might just try that one. It would be great to take a cruise from Australia to Los Angeles! Of course, stopping along the way in Fiji, Tahiti, and the Hawaiian Islands.

We've stayed on just about every deck and really have not had a bad room. Even the partially obstructed views have been just fine. E322 looks great. Hope you have a marvelous time!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:15 AM
funtohappen, you say you have a hold on E332 but there is no E332; I'm guessing it's just a typo, that Penny corrected to E322--and if so, yes, E322 looks great!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:56 AM

I guess I didn't even notice that, f-mattox. I was just looking at the deck plans and assumed it was 322? If so, there doesn't seem to be much in the way, I guess the railing.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabins, category, cruise, e322, hh, obstructed, oceanview, partial, partially, princess, room, saphire, sapphire, ship, star, view