Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 01:24 PM

Phil, there are always going to be those that will only post negative reviews. There are also those that post incorrect statements. At once time Royal Caribbean had people posting reviews (positive ones) on ships they had never stepped foot on. I guess what I'm trying to say, is do research your ship, take what you read with a grain of salt, but then experience it for yourself with an open mind. You can always find something wrong if you look for it hard enough

I, personally, loved the Emerald. I do like the Sea, Sun, and Dawn better because they aren't as large. However, the Emerald had so much more to offer. The Sea is my favorite, mainly because she was my first Princess cruise. I fell in love with Princess and their product from her. But, I'd sail on the Emerald again in a heart beat
Old 07-29-2010, 02:15 PM

Penny, I have no doubt that we are going to really love the Emerald. I just found it funny that this person had so many negative things to say and not one good one.
It was pretty obvious that the person had an agenda.
The sail date was listed as 2/20/2010 in the Western Caribbean, and I believe that is when the Emerald had some power issues when it left port, but strangely there was no mention of that!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-29-2010, 02:16 PM

Sorry...07/27/2010

Old 07-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Administrator

I just read the review you mention. Posted by some malcontent in my opinion, but then he is an engineer and they are often dour people who never know how to have fun and give balanced opinions.

However I don't like to remove reviews since it would have chilling effect on future submittals. Just ignore it. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:24 AM

Hey wait! I'm an engineer!

That's what I plan on doing. Ignoring it.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:12 AM

I read the review and have seem these situations with our own eyes. You will get this on every cruise line, not just Princess. The problem now a day is that no one will tell people or kids please stop what you are doing as it's bad. I have step in and insisted kids calm down or behave and guess what, I get my head taken off by the parents. It's not like the days when we were young. You behave or else!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Administrator

I remember this woman on one of our cruises - it was Royal Caribbean - and this pack of kids came running through a public area raising cane, running into people. She took out after them ordering them to stop. She then read the riot act to them. She must have been a teacher, a coach, or perhaps a lady drill instructor on vacation. Those kids were shocked. If any parents were there, they were afraid to say anything. I think we applauded.

The thing is when people let one event drive their whole cruise review into the dirt. There were some kids yelling, so that means the food was rotten, the staff surly, the cabin dirty, and the bands were off-key. Oh, and the drinks were watered down. LHP calls these people starfish. I like it!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:27 PM

Hi Phil650,

We find the late sitting to be more relaxed. We also find that if we want to eat earlier (depending on the events of the day or nite), we will present ourselves for anytime dining and ask to be seated. If there is room (and there has never not been yet ), we will get seated. But it is nice to have that late sitting to rely on. The last time we booked a larger table for late sitting, there were only three of us and low and behold we had a private table each night because the other people never showed up. We had extra loving care from our assistant waiter and head waiter. Emerald is a wonderful ship. We last sailed her in December 09 and we are sailing the Star in October Eastern Med.

Closed Thread

Tags
booked, booking, celebrity, cruise, late, list, plb, princess, review, seating, wait, what