Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 07:56 AM

Hello all. I just booked my very first cruise and I found this site. So much great information, but I have so many questions....
I will start with just one though.
We are booked on the Emerald Princess on Sept. 5th in a catagory BD room, but got the guaranteed room so we don't have an assignment. Are we guaranteed a room that is a catagory BD or better, or can they give us any balcony room?
Ok, one more question.
We are number 10 on the waitlist for Late Seating. Should we stay there or change to early seating? (Currently assigned to Anytime).

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 AM

Welcome to cruise chat and congratulations on booking your first cruise. The BD guarantees that you will be assigned to a cabin in the BD or higher category. The higher category may/may not be on a lower deck though. Dining is a personal preference. The Anytime dining gives you more flexibility for eating at different times. However; the fixed early or late dining gives you the opportunity to meet other people you may have common interest with. With fixed dining you also get to know your wait staff better, and they you. Activities on the ship in most cases will be arranged around the fixed dining times so you shouldn't miss out. Production shows are usually done twice in one night to accommodate both early and late dining. A lot of people like to eat at the same time their eating schedule is at home. It's just a personal choice.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:19 AM

If you prefer the late dining option (I do) then you should just stay with the wait list and see. I prefer the late dining because that way you aren't rushed to get back from excursions, etc. and try to get cleaned up and to dinner for the early seating. Of course if you miss it there are plenty more options onboard that you can take advantage of other than the main dining room.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:08 AM

You will have to be back onboard at least 1/2 hour prior to the sailing time. Looking at the schedule for the Emerald September 5th there is only one port, Turks and Caicos where you are scheduled to be in until 7:00PM. Therefore; if you should choose early dining it shouldn't interfere with much. As mentioned, there are other options you can eat at also.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:49 PM

Thanks for all the great information.
I am glad to hear about the shows playing more than once. This was one of the concerns my wife had with the late seating. that and we normally do not eat that late at night.
I have always heard about the experience of getting to know the wait staff, and since this is my first cruise, wanted that experience (I think).
As all of you probably remember, there is a bit of anxiety with going onto a ship and not understanding completely all of things that you normally take for granted on a land based vacation.
I guess the best thing is to relax, let little things roll off your back, and remember that there are always other choices.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:58 PM

One thing that will help is that you'll have a ship's schedule in your room when you arrive, and will receive a new one every evening for the next day. The schedule lists all the activities for the whole day, plus all the dining venues and their hours, all the lounges and entertainment, really everything you'll need to know about the next day's schedule.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
I guess the best thing is to relax, let little things roll off your back, and remember that there are always other choices.
This is EXACTLY the right frame of mind to approach your first cruise: don't sweat the small stuff--or the big stuff either, for that matter. Remember, there is a huge crew whose only concern is to see that you have a relaxing and effortless cruise vacation.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:47 PM

We were on the "Emerald" May of 2010...it is a wonderful ship in every way...food...service....atmosphere...all is 5 star. You will love it...just relax....relax....relax. Enjoy....!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:27 AM

Yep, we are really staring to get excited now. We were confimed for Late seating and decided to stay with it.
I did just see a weird review of the Emerald Princess in the reviews section. It felt like it must have been a fake though because the sailing date didn't match up with where the ship was.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 AM

Phil, I just read your post and I am so excited for you. Only 38 days to go! Hopefully, when you return, you will understand why everyone on this board is addicted to cruising!

Nadine

Closed Thread

Tags
booked, booking, celebrity, cruise, late, list, plb, princess, review, seating, wait, what