Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 01:52 PM

Hello,

Has anyone used the Vacations To Go web site to book a cruise? I get their promos each week and the deals on their 90 day ticker have very big discounts.

Also, if you have booked with them...did it work out OK? Do you book you air flight with them through the cruise line also or are you on your own to arrange for air travel?

I am looking toward the Princess Amazon cruise with the deep, deep discounts.

Any other tips on discount shopping for a cruise. I have always used the Princess web site and booked through them or AAA.

RichC, any info. on the Amazon cruise.

Thanks

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-15-2008, 02:21 PM

Hi Irvine Traveler,

Using VTG will be similar to your experience using AAA or even booking direct with Princess. The only air option that will be provided is Princess air through PCL Air/Sea Dept. I'd strongly recommend shopping the air portion although in recent posts from f-mattox (Rick) Princess has been providing better air itins and pricing than in the past. You will have a direct contact person with VTG so you'll have an agent name, email address, hours, phone and extension rather than the way some online services require you to put in your CC and hope for the best. You can still maintain the booking the way you have in the past on the cruiselines website through your cruise personalizer.

I hope, if you go this direction, your experience will be a very good one.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-15-2008, 02:32 PM

Thank you Neil. I see the Amazon in my future.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-15-2008, 04:29 PM

Something you should know about that itinerary, you will need a Brazillian Visa and yellow fever shot if you're including the Amazon. The cruiselines don't provide a lot of information, they'll refer you to the CDC or Brazillian Embasy website for the shot info and a visa/passport site for the visa info. One of the easiest to navigate sites for the latter is www.samspassport.com

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-16-2008, 11:24 AM

I am no TravelPro, but simply an amateur who has booked more than 60 cruises with many different TAs. I love the Vacationstogo web site as a great reference for looking up cruise info since it has one of the best search engines. However, I have never known that site to have the best prices. I would suggest that before you use them to book a cruise you carefully search a few other well known major on-line sites for price comparison. We always check at least 5 different sites before we book a cruise (we cruise about 70 days a year) and its common to find some major price differences.

Hank
Old 05-19-2008, 08:49 PM

Hank,

Thank you for the response. I will do my homework and compare.

Steve

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-20-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine Traveler:
Hello,

Has anyone used the Vacations To Go web site to book a cruise?

RichC, any info. on the Amazon cruise.

Thanks
Irvine Traveler- Sorry but you must have gotten me mixed up with someone else. We haven't been to or plan to go to the Amazon although it does sound interesting but the airfare is probably outrageous.
RichC

Closed Thread

Tags
airsea, amazon, cruise, cruises, deals, go, line, princes, princess, review, reviews, vacation, vacations, vacationstogoprincess, website