Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 08:09 AM

Ahoy,

Looking for some recent feedback on the ROYAL Princess. No current reviews posted.
Thanks!

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 AM

Cathy, on another review site, there are five reviews of the Royal, all glowing. Four of the five have given five stars, and the fifth, five plus stars. I read them quickly. All five had cruised Princess before (some many times); several thought the food was better than other Princess ships (they have the new Princess menus). Even the buffet was considered quite good. However one reviewer said the service and food preparation in the main dining room was uneven. However, this was the earliest of the reviews, and the more recent were the favorable. Other comments: excellent staff, comfortable new beds, beautiful library, limited entertainment options, lovely decor.

After I read these reviews, I decided I would love to go on the Royal!

Hope this helps.
Ellie
Old 01-20-2008, 06:42 PM

Ellie,

Thanks so much for your feedback.
I am a loyal Princess cruiser & know I will not be disappointed.
Been away from this & other cruise sites being so busy lately.
Thanks again

Cathy
Old 01-22-2008, 12:20 PM

I'll let you know next January We're sailing on the Royal this December. We recently returned from the Emerald. I'm excited to experience the smaller ship, the Emerald was huge, she was beautiful, but I prefer the sun class ships. Maybe the Royal will be a new favorite. If you sail her before we do, please let me know what you think.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:49 PM

Penny,

I leave in 13 days
SO I'll be sure to give you feedback.

My first Princess cruises were on the Pacific & Island (Love Boat) ~ smaller ships. I loved them. Now I've been with the Grand Class ships, so it will be interesting to go back.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 05-26-2008, 02:33 PM

Penny3333:

Are you on the Dec. 9 or 23 cruise? We are on the 9th.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:29 PM

Hi ehm, welcome to Cruise-Chat. We're on the 23rd. I wanted to do the 9th, but had to take too many days off from work. We get the week between Christmas and New Years off, so we can take 1 week vacation and get 2. The price is about half to take the cruise before or the cruise after, of course I'm still extremely excited, some new ports I've never been to and a small ship experience! Wish we were on the same cruise!
Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 PM

Thank you for the welcome, Penny. The smaller than common ship and the unusual ports is what attracted us. If you have any questions that I can answer when we are finally on board and you are anxiously waiting, please ask. I will be checking emails during the cruise and would be glad to reply.

Do you think Royal Princess is an attempt to try out their answer to Celebrity's Azamara line?
Old 05-29-2008, 06:28 AM

It could be, Princess has 3 small ships, that usually visit the less traveled ports. At least the ports that the behemoth ships can't get into. I'm hoping it will be more like the Sun class ships, the Sea, Dawn, and Sun, but even better. Thank you for your offer, I will definitely take you up on it. Where are you going to get your Yellow Fever shot? I had to call a doctor in Decatur, AL, who has to order the vaccine for us. They're trying to get other people together to take the shot because they told me that there are 5 shots to a vial and the vial is very expensive. They don't want to have to throw away 3 shots. I have to call back in October to schedule the shots. I was just wondering if it is because the Decatur/Huntsville area is small. Did y'all have any trouble?
Old 05-29-2008, 10:00 AM

Cathy, I was looking over some of you past cruise pictures & notices an "Elite Members" party on the Golden Princess in 2005. That's the first time I've ever seen an exclusive party for Elite members only.

Closed Thread

Tags
devils, island