Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2005, 03:29 PM

Hi everyone! Well i'm kind of disappointed in our choices for shore excursions. For Amsterdam, we can only drive by Anne Frank's house, not go in. One of the main reasons why I booked this cruise was so that I could go inside the annex that I have read about for years. I called Princess, and they said to talk to the Pursur(?) about it. Would he be able to get me inside the house if I did that? We only have about 5 hours at that Port of Call, but i'm hoping since we will be in Amsterdam anyway for the excursion that I booked, that I can just go inside the annex and not do the canal ride which I had planned. Any hints on this would be appreciated!!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:22 PM

Hmmmm, there is always a very long line to get into the house, but you can go as an individual and tour the house. It is a little tricky to find (especially if this would be your first visit to Amsterdam) so if you choose to do it on your own, invest some time developing a map of Amsterdam. Why only 5 hours in Amsterdam? That is like going to Disneyland for only 5-hours. VBG.

Tom
Old 04-15-2005, 08:12 PM

Hi Tom, not sure why, but it is like that for several of our ports...we actually dock in Rotterdam which I believe is about an hour from Amsterdam by train. I'd just be doing the individual, and i'd buy my tickets online before hand if I could guarantee that I could get in to see it. Thanks so much!
Old 04-16-2005, 04:44 AM

I have seen the line go all the way around the block almost, but I suspect that you should have no problem getting into the house. This is one port where I would really have a defined plan of action with that little time. You can actually see quite a bit in 5-hours in Amsterdam, so make a plan and stick to it.

Have a great cruise.

Tom

Closed Thread