Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2006, 05:40 PM

Is no one else going on the crown on Sept 12! would love to talk with someone who is going then. New cruiser Vita
Old 07-19-2006, 06:21 PM

Vita

I will tell you everything.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by VITA RICHARDSON:
Hi everyone!This will be our first cruise and I am beside myself with joy,Cathy enjoyed your pitures very much!We are going on Sept.12,2006 to western carribean.My son and daughter in law are on the ship right now with my daughter in laws whole family including 4 children they went to eastern carribean.Anyone else going on Sept.12!My husband is so worried about getting sea sick anyone have some useful info on the subject? S poke to my son shortly before he left said the ship was awsome!!!!.Can't wait until they get back on Sunday have a million questions I'll let you all he tell's. Happy cruising everyone! One important question how much clothes do you really need!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 07:38 PM

I am not sure you are still checking this area for seasick prevention or remedies, but I thought I would share my information anyway. I swear by a "Seasick Relief Band" which is battery operated and looks somewhat like a watch, with the pulsating "clock face" place against your pulse. You can change the intensity of the pulsations from very mild to very strong in stages. You can find these on line, and in various travel stores. I got mine at Sharper Image. It costs around $100, although you can get them a bit cheaper online, and certainly the special batteries, in bulk, are much much cheaper on line.

We had a fairly rough day in December in the Caribbean, and my seasick relief band worked perfectly for me. I had learned of it from a friend who was always seasick even in calm weather, and who has experienced totally seasick-free cruising wearing hers.

Hope this is of help to you.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:42 PM

Ahoy Vita,

I am back from my cruise. Getting back to reality & work is always a tough thing to do.
Sorry I have not been on site much. Trying to download my 1200+ photos & get them to webshots. Yes, went a bit crazy with the digital. But, it was just soooo breathtakingly awesome.
Cruising down the Grand Canal in Venice is one of my all time lifetime highlights for sure.
Just incredible.

I am devastated at what happened to the Crown.
Just hard to imagine really. Have not seen any tv coverage on it, although was told it was on Good Morning America today.
I emailed my friends working onboard but, have yet to hear back from them. I can only imagine how it is there now.

I know they postponed the start if the next cruise until 7/22. By the time your cruise comes things should be fine.
They will be sure the ship is fit for sea before resuming any cruises.
With all the talk going on now hard not to be worried, but, TRY not to.
Hang in there & go for it.
I do not think you will be disappointed.

My plans to go on the Crown for Sept. are up in the air at this time. Do wish I was going with you though.

If I hear anything I'll keep you posted.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 07-20-2006, 09:11 AM

Hi everyone,thanks for the tip on the wrist band I did get a prescription for the patch my daughter-in-law used it on the crown and said it worked so we'll see Elliep are you going on the crown?Welcome home Cathy so glad you had a good time your pictures are awsome!!!!!! enjoyed everyone of them,I'm sure you must have been shocked when you heard about the crown I was,still trying to decide what to do.My husband said lets go for it my kids all tell me are you crazy going on that ship? But right now I'll play it by ear,I'm anxious to hear the explantion as to why? Anyway glad your back hope to meet you in Sept!!!!! Vita
Old 07-20-2006, 09:30 AM

It's me again would anyone know it there is a ATM machine on the crown?would love to be able to take some cash and more when and if we need it,Cathy I'm sure you would know this lol Thanks Vita
Old 07-20-2006, 03:55 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know the crown has left Florida at 5pm et due to arrive in NY on Saturday at 830am I found this info. on the princess web site not tv have not heard anthing about it on tv today.Thought it is kind of strange they did not give a clear explantion as to why this happened was really waiting for that! Vita
Old 07-20-2006, 06:10 PM

Hi Vita,

I have just completed downloading more photos to webshots. Almost done......
Then to caption them all. That MAY take more time.

Yes, there is an ATM on the Crown. They are also all over the ports now.

I do hope you decide to go.
Have heard from 2 of my friends working on the Crown. Thankfully they are fine.
Lots of work to clean things up for the cruise tomorrow.

Keep me posted on your decision.

Cathy
Old 07-20-2006, 07:35 PM

ABOUT SEA SICKNESS. I get sea sick just looking at the water. My doctor gives me patches that I place behind my ear. They work wonders for me and I dont fill seasick at all with the patches on.

Closed Thread

Tags
4th, 99, crown, cruise, ferry, guess, jefferson, pictures, port, princess, richardson, seasick, ship, vacations, vita