Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2006, 06:51 PM

Crown Cruisers Ro & Vita

Welcome Home......
where are you? did you stay onboard??
thought you would have posted something by now.
HOPE you enjoyed the Crown.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 09-23-2006, 09:03 PM

Hi Cathy,
Your pictures of the Crown were great. We are first timers cruising on Oct 18. I can almost see our balcony in your pix.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:48 AM

Hi Cathy,Well we did it and we had a great time did not want to get off the ship I'D go again tomorrow if I could.T he first night and next morning was arough for my husband he followed directions for the patch which said to put on four hours before sailing put he was very sea sick we missed dinner the first night hit some really rough water.Thank god it did not last I did not get sick just had a hard time walking felt drunk.Put after the first morning on ship it was heaven on water I loved it and hope we are able to go again,we meet people from all over including France,australia and every state in the US.Did not like Jamacia,will not go to that port again once was enough all the rest where fine.Enjoyed Kennedy space center very much nice tour.Hope you enjoy your cruise wish I could go to.A lot of critics on board comparing ships.But I remembered what you said,it will be what you make of it and you were right!!!! Take care and have a great time cruising! Vita
Old 09-25-2006, 10:48 AM

Vita,

SOOO glad you both enjoyed the cruise. Sorry it started out rough. I will remember to pack some bonine now.
When I first started cruising I'd tend to get seasick & use the patches. Hated the side effects. Find now that I cruise more often I have my sea legs. BUT, I know leaving from MYC can be rougher.

Ocho Rios is not one of my favorite places either. I prefer to have taken the Bermuda route, but......
Staying onboard while most rush off the ship is one of my favorite times to savor.

I have not been to the Space Center since I was a kid. Debating on if I should take the tour.

Did you like Grand Turk? I have heard mixed reviews. Seeing photos it looks beautiful.

You can always join us on 10/18!!!!

Linda - WELCOME

Glad you enjoyed the photos. The Crown really is a lovely ship.
Our time will be here soon. Cannot wait.
If you have any specific quesitons ask away.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
Old 09-25-2006, 04:53 PM

Well, I always think we have had all our questions answered and them my husband comes up with another one.
I'm guessing that when we board we will have the opportunity to puchase pop cards etc. Is that also true for the Balcony New York Nosh(?) that's available only on embarkation day?
Old 09-26-2006, 05:13 AM

Hi Linda,

As soon as we board you will see wait staff selling the soda cards. I get it ASAP.
I have read the NY Nosh is only available on embarkation day. Will try to find out more info on that.

Counting down 'til the 18th.

Cathy
Old 09-26-2006, 06:59 AM

Hi Cathy,

Thanks.
We are counting the "sleeps" until we board!

We're really looking forward to our first cruise - especially my husband. This has been a dream of his for a long time.
I've found this forum to be extremely helpful in gleaning the little tidbits of info that I can't get from the cruise info.

Linda
Old 09-26-2006, 03:16 PM

Hi LADIES,Cathy we did not get to see much of grand turk it was our first stop and we did plan to go on a mini sub until we received a note stating we would have to get on another boat to get to the sub,at that point my hubby was still not feeling to well and no way was he going to get on another boat big or small!! So we just stayed by the stores and did a little shopping but from what I saw it looked pretty and very clean nothing like jamacia thats for sure.Next time we go we would like to stay on one Island for a longer time,the time spent is very short and you really don't get to see much.Everyone said Bermuda is beautiful,but said PR is like jamacia so I hoping to find one that goes to Bermuda and stays,any tips!!!Linda you are going to have a great time we purchesed the soda card the first day only one I drank a lot of the iced tea it was fresh brewed and I enjoyed it and I am also a big coffee drinker and that was always available you can hve it sent to your room any time of day in a matter of min. it was great!! everyone enjoy wish I was going with all of you! Happy Cruising Vita
Old 09-26-2006, 04:41 PM

Hi Vita,

I have heard that Grand Turk is beautiful. Sorry you did not get to enjoy much of it.
One of the few islands I have not been to.

I love Bermuda. Wish Princess would bring back the ALL Bermuda cruise they used to to from NYC. I took one of the last ones on the Pacific Princess. There are other lines that do offer cruises only to Bermuda from NYC that you may want to look at.

Puerto Rico is nice. Not one of my favorites, but, better than Jamaica.

I am a diet coke addict, so the soda card for me is a wonderful thing.

Still time to come along with us

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
Old 05-07-2007, 07:20 AM

Hi Everyone,hope all is well. Hi Cathy,how did you enjoy your cruise or cruises? hope you had a great time.Well we are looking at cruises for May,June 2008 to Bermuda would like to stay in one place.So far only found Norwegian Dawn 7 day to Kings Wharf and also to Grassy Bay.AND of coarse I'm back for help!! Anyone know anything about this ship?and this line? Cathy have youever been on this line?Its our 25 wedding anniversary next year so want to make it special. any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Vita P.S.Hope to hear from all soon

Closed Thread

Tags
4th, 99, crown, cruise, ferry, guess, jefferson, pictures, port, princess, richardson, seasick, ship, vacations, vita