Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 11:55 AM

I have decided to remain on the princess. I am hoping me being on a "waiting list" will not put a negative impact in my vacation. BTW, what is this waiting list?

I just requested to the princess agent that I would like my balcony room to be in the middle of the ship and have early fixed seating.

Its just no other cruise line stops at 4 stops for the price. I dont mind being at sea, but not for a total of 3 days.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

St. Martin Vacation Rentals
Old 05-15-2008, 05:40 AM

The wait list I believe you are talking about is for your traditional dining seating. Main seating is the first seating, and is usually more popular. We used to do traditional, late seating. About 3 years ago, we tried the Personal Choice dining, and have stuck with it. We like this option because you can go down to dinner when you want. The only drawback is you do not have the same wait staff each evening. The plus is, you get to meet more people on board because you are usually seated with different people each evening. The reason we tried Personal Choice, is because we were wait listed on the Sea Princess for late seating, so we just thought we'd try Personal Choice. It's the same menu, but on the Baked Alaska night, they don't parade through the dining room. I think the shows on Princess are some of the best on any line. We've only been on Costa, Carnival, Royal, Norweigan, HAL, and Princess, but the shows we've seen on Princess have been tops. I think you got a great price for a balcony. Be sure to make it out for at least one sunrise/sunset on your balcony. It's an awesome experience. For a 7 day Caribbean itinerary, the demographics will be younger, so I don't think you'll have any trouble finding people your age to hang with.

Princess used to have a promotion with the bars. You had to have a drink in each bar, and on completion you earned a free drink. We met a guy on board from New Jersey that filled out his card the first night. They gave him another card and by the end of the 10 days, he had earned himself a free bucket-o-beer. I don't know if they still do that, but you could check into it.

Check out the Caribbean Port Chat section of our board for excursion suggestions and things to do on your own. Trunk Bay in St. John (St. Thomas stop), Orient Beach in St. Maarten, and snorkeling in both Princess Cays and Grand Turk would be my suggestions.

Best wishes!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
I just requested to the princess agent that I would like my balcony room to be in the middle of the ship and have early fixed seating.
I'm not sure what this means??? Did you get waitlisted for the dining or the cruise? If you're on a waitlist for dining, no biggie. If you're waitlisted for the cruise, the requests for location of cabin and seating are useless, you're going to get anything that ends up a cancellation, if you get anything at all. If you're on a waitlist instead of a confirmed booking I'd look back at the other ships and options. You may not end up cruising at all if you don't have a confirmed booking on a ship. Also, by the time you clear a waitlist for a ship, how will you arrange your transportation? What will airfare cost last minute? There are a lot of factors and none in your favor. Three days at sea is a very small sacrifice to have a booking and be certain you have a vacation. Just my take on it but, I'd go back to looking for ships with cabins available and secure a cabin.

If you're just waitlisted for dining, don't sweat it and disregard this whole post.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-15-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
The wait list I believe you are talking about is for your traditional dining seating. Main seating is the first seating, and is usually more popular. We used to do traditional, late seating. About 3 years ago, we tried the Personal Choice dining, and have stuck with it. We like this option because you can go down to dinner when you want. The only drawback is you do not have the same wait staff each evening. The plus is, you get to meet more people on board because you are usually seated with different people each evening. The reason we tried Personal Choice, is because we were wait listed on the Sea Princess for late seating, so we just thought we'd try Personal Choice. It's the same menu, but on the Baked Alaska night, they don't parade through the dining room. I think the shows on Princess are some of the best on any line. We've only been on Costa, Carnival, Royal, Norweigan, HAL, and Princess, but the shows we've seen on Princess have been tops. I think you got a great price for a balcony. Be sure to make it out for at least one sunrise/sunset on your balcony. It's an awesome experience. For a 7 day Caribbean itinerary, the demographics will be younger, so I don't think you'll have any trouble finding people your age to hang with.

Princess used to have a promotion with the bars. You had to have a drink in each bar, and on completion you earned a free drink. We met a guy on board from New Jersey that filled out his card the first night. They gave him another card and by the end of the 10 days, he had earned himself a free bucket-o-beer. I don't know if they still do that, but you could check into it.

Check out the Caribbean Port Chat section of our board for excursion suggestions and things to do on your own. Trunk Bay in St. John (St. Thomas stop), Orient Beach in St. Maarten, and snorkeling in both Princess Cays and Grand Turk would be my suggestions.

Best wishes!
I understand that late traditional works for you BUT a big plus for early pc dining for my wife & I is eating early & getting a good seat in the show lounge each evening whereas the people who eat at early traditional (usually eat 1/2 hour later) get to the lounge & the seating is either filled or not the best location. We've (almost) never had a problem getting seated with the same waiter each evening if we request it.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:06 PM
The same goes for late traditional; when we did second seating we seldom had good seats for the the second show. But we found around 7:30 was a good time for anytime: we never had to wait and always had good seats for the shows.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:07 PM

This is for travel pro....

The waitlist is for the early dining I requested . When I booked the cruise the princess lady told me that it was a guaranteed balcony room, but I stated to her as a preference I would like to be in the middle of the ship rather than all the way to the front or back.

This is for everyone....

Thanks for your info. It has been very informative and I can't wait to try out the princess.

Oh and about the go to all the bars get a free drink...well, if they have that program get ready to hand over the ship.....Just kidding, but it is a good one liner.

St. Martin Vacation Rentals

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, carnival, crown, cruise, cruises, forum, good, liberty, line, oceanview, partying, princess, rooms, stateroom