Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2005, 11:35 AM

Hello!
I am in the very early stages of planning an 11-member (5 of them kids) family vacation in April of 2006 and Princess Cruise Lines has a wonderful itinerary out of San Juan that I am interested in getting more info on ... however, i was told that Princess cruises tend to include more older adults and might not be the best choice for traveling with kids ... can anyone confirm or deny or give me personal experiences? Thank you!

kat
Old 03-31-2005, 07:42 PM

Based on when you plan to cruise there can be loads of kids or few. Easter vacation & spring break can tend to have 500-700 children on board.
The longer the cruise the age group tends to grow.
I have just returned from 14 days on the Golden Princess from San Juan. All ages were represented.
I'm sure you will have an awesome time.
Enjoy
Old 04-03-2005, 08:42 AM

Just returned from a Mexican Riviera cruise. There where nearly 900 kids on board. most of which were well mannered with a few exceptions. Of those exceptions, it was the parents who needed the reality check. As to your question, we have been on Princess for several cruises at various times of the year. Except for Disney and to some extent Carnival ships are adult oriented. However Princess has plenty for kids to do. I think they will like it. If your trip is during spring break they will have lots of company.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:17 PM

I went on the Ocean Princess (Now with P&O Company) in 2002. At the time, I was 13. I had a BLAST! There were many teens on board, considering the fact that we did a 10-day Caribbean cruise during spring break. The kids in your family are going to have a great time. My mom and I are going to go on the Australia/New Zealand cruise with Princess and I'm not the least bit worried about not being able to meet teens. Hope you have fun!
Old 05-17-2005, 08:26 AM

How is Thanksgiving as far as the number of kids?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:29 AM

I was on a 9 day Mexican Riveria cruise last Thanksgiving on the Celebrity Mercury, and there were very few kids onboard.

David Landry
Old 05-17-2005, 04:39 PM

Celebrity cruises tend to have very few teens on board, as it seems like that cruise line is more geared toward adults than Princess.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:47 PM

While it is typical to have less children on any cruise longer than 7 days - that does not necessarily hold true during school breaks. During any school holiday you will find a goodly number of children on all of the mainstream cruise lines. Ships in the Premier class (as Celebrity is) have fewer children year round and particularly on cruises longer than 7 days.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
age, alaska, cruise, cruises, family, generl, group, guests, kids, princcess, princess, range, reviews, september, trip