Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 12:15 AM

hi ther, i am cruising on the Island Princess this fall to alaska and I have a regular balcony room (not the mini suite). I have read something about the showers, and saw a picture of one. Looked odd to me. there was no "wall" per say to enclose the shower. Is this the case? Then I read soemhting about the shower curtain needing to weighted down. Is this true? Just want to be prepared.
thanks, Georgia
Old 04-25-2006, 07:27 AM

Hi georgia,
click here to get some examples:
http://www.princess.com/ships/ip/sta...taterooms.html

The Oceanviw Double with Balcony has a bathroom with shower only; the Ocean mini suite with balcony has a shower and a tub too.
As i know, the shower has no curtain but sliding doors.
Uwe
Old 04-25-2006, 07:46 AM

I have never sailed on the Island Princess but I have been on other ships where the shower curtain serves as the wall to your shower - which is VERY tiny. The curtains do have small weights in them but the minute you turn the shower on the curtains tend to kind of come 'inward' toward you and stick to your legs. (The water can also easily escape from your shower into the bathroom so be sure not to leave anything you aren't willing to have soaked on the floor.) A friend once told me to bring those black binder clips on with me that all offices have. I took a box of the large-sized ones and attached them to the bottom of the curtain and they worked PERFECTLY!! It was enough weight to keep the curtain down where it should be and the water in the stall. When the cruise was almost over my cabin steward asked about them - he had seemed fascinated by them all week and each day I would find them taken off the curtain and laid out on a wash cloth by the sink. I explained what they did then gave them to him. The last morning he saw me and made a point to come thank me and let me know he tried it in his own cabin and was very happy with the results.

Caribbean Travel Articles

Closed Thread

Tags
balconies, cruise, georgia, ip, island, mz, princess, regular, rooms, showers