Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   Princess is THE BEST! (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/23110-princess-best.html)

cruizinallthetime 11-05-2007 11:48 AM

Just wanted to share my excitement will all the cruise chatters!!! We have been upgraded!
I had posted previously about getting a Category AD on the Star Princess. The second to the last Category of Mini Suite. I went TBA. Well, today, I receive an email that says we were upgraded to an AA Mini Suite on the Dolphin Deck - Right in the middle - D405!!!!! That is so great!!!!!
I just don't really get the gist of the whole upgrade thing cause we are still 6 months from sailing, but then again, I have only traveled on Carnival. I have received past guest upgrades...but NEVER this good!
A+++++++ for Princess!!!

penny3333 11-05-2007 12:06 PM

Way to go Chris! We were upgraded on Princess from a not so good to a balcony on the Aloha, don't remember the catagories, but it was a huge upgrade. They knew what they were doing. I love my balcony, and that's what I book now, only. I really hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do. Sounds like they've already done you right!

TrvlPro 11-05-2007 12:11 PM

Congrats on the upgrade!

Cheers, Neil

veterancruiser39 11-28-2007 06:37 PM

Not really. You judge a cruise line simply by an upgrade? What if they offered you $400 onboard credit only to say they never offered it? Their customer service sucks!

f-mattox 11-28-2007 08:25 PM

I'd very much like to hear some more of the details.

kkontny 11-29-2007 05:13 AM

I'm a little curious on how the whole upgrading system works if anyone knows exactly. Have only taken 2 cruises with Princess (the best), a few on others, and have never been upgraded. What's the criteria? And I'd also like to hear some details on that post by veteran, f-mattox.

f-mattox 11-29-2007 07:55 AM

To which post would you be referring?

kkontny 11-29-2007 10:06 AM

the one by veterancruiser39. I was just echoing what u had stated about wanting more details. BUT...I still AM curious on the upgrading "system".

penny3333 11-29-2007 12:07 PM

kkontny, when we received our upgrade, we had booked with a travel agent that did a lot of bookings with Princess. I believe that's how we received ours. I had booked our cruise almost a year in advance. Evidently, the catagory I had booked was popular and that had over-sold that cruise. So I am assuming they started with the oldest bookings and bumped them up to a catagory that wasn't full to fill the ship. I don't think there's a "system", I think it just happens to be the luck of the draw and the cruise you've booked. Filling the ships is much more cost effective than leaving cabins empty. If they don't have enough people to fill the more expensive catagories and the cruise is still in demand, then they start adjusting people. Veterancruiser39, I too would like more details, we've always received whatever on board credit they've given us.

kkontny 11-29-2007 12:19 PM

That makes sense. Thanks Penny. Yeah...we don't usually book til pretty close to sailing (def not a yr in advance!!!!) and I always do the booking myself. Maybe I should start going thru a travel agent. Thanks for some clarification.