Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 04:43 AM

I'm one who doesn't follow the suggested formal dress code & the only reason I do go to the main dining room is simply because Princess doesn't offer the same food in both locations. Of course I don't wear jeans & a T shirt on formal evenings but I don't choose to wear a jacket & tie either on my vacation. Since Princess doesn't strictly enforce their policy to the letter, it still provides everyone the opportunity to dress as they please within reason and not be criticized for it.
If they really wanted a true formal affair for those that really wanted it, Princes should set aside one of the anytime dining room for formal optional on those evenings & it would please those that really desire it.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by peter l:
Moonie, I think you misread my post. The two evenings I referred to were not the formal ones, but two evenings that required a jacket be worn.Sooooooooooooo, what this meant was 2 formal evenings (that I always wear a tux or suit and tie) and two that required a jacket be worn to be admitted to the dining room...I do think this was a little over done...Perhaps they have come done a step since I cruised with them, but the person I spoke with was way out of line in tone and condecending as well.

Peterl
Peter1 - I think that since I saw both Formal and Semi-Casual used in the same sentence, I thought you were refering to both. Sorry - my error. Celebrity has changed to 2 dining categories only. Formal and Smart-Casual. That certainly now limits the nights that one needs to wear a coat and tie. I, for one, like the new policy. As you can see, I am a loyal Celebrity cruiser; however, I am also a very casual person and appreciate the new rules so much more than the old. It also makes it easier to pack! Thanks for your clarification.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:03 AM

Sorry Moonie, I meant to say Semi Formal wear.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, princess