Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 05:54 PM

Have you considered another cruise line? I know if I ever experience the rotten service you described, I would seriously contemplate trying another cruise line on for size.

Sonny
Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 PM

Hi Mebs,
Did you spend your whole cruise sitting there nit-picking about every little thing? If you have a rotten attitude from the beginning I can understand why nothing ever pleased you. Or are you just a polite Canadian and you waited till you got home to make everyone's life miserable? Maybe it's time for you to re-think the type of vacation you really want. You could always go to an all inclusive resort and sit on the beach for a week instead of having the luxury of being a cruise passenger.
I hope your up-coming trip is a great one.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:26 AM
Administrator

I don't see how the OP is making "everyone's life miserable." Please refrain from personal attacks, as per our Forum Rules.

Mebs, Penny had an excellent suggestion... if something isn't right, make a polite call to Guest Services immediately so that the issue may be resolved while you are on the cruise. As for the constant complainers -- people tend to write more about negative experiences than positive ones. Had I listened to most of those a few years ago, I would have missed out on what eventually became a favorite ship.

I just looked at your itinerary, and am quite jealous. Wishing you a fabulous time onboard!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:35 AM

I never should have asked the OP if she ever had any problems. Her list was in response to my question. I should have been more precise and asked if she ever had maintenance problems--sorry about that.

Sonny
Old 11-07-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
I never should have asked the OP if she ever had any problems. Her list was in response to my question. I should have been more precise and asked if she ever had maintenance problems--sorry about that.

Sonny
We both know how Princess handles serious problems on their ships but how does RCI do it? Any better or worse? We haven't been on one of their ships in years & never had much to complain about.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:42 PM

RichC - I been on over 50 Royal Caribbean cruises and only remember a couple problems worth mentioning. One was on the Brilliance of the Seas when there was an area on our stateroom floor that make an oil can sound when you walked over it. We told our cabin steward about it, mentioning the fact that the noise is probably louder below our deck. Before dinner that evening we received a phone call from the ships staff requesting to stop jumping because passenger where complaining. We went down to the Guest Relations Desk - told them our story, and they put us into a Grand Suite. That's how they handled that problem.

Another was on a Trans Atlantic cruise on the Navigator when we were held in Lisbon, Portugal for 33 hours because one of the stabilizers wouldn't retract all the way in. The stabilizer had to be cut off. We missed two ports because of it, and I was compensated $500 without asking for it. I'm very pleased with how Royal Caribbean solved those problems. I've only been on two other lines, Carnival and NCL. I didn't experience any issues with them and had a great time on both.

Sonny
Old 11-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Sonny, this is why I always take posts like Mebs' with a grain of salt; over 50 cruises and only two issues worth mentioning, and both were solved to your satisfaction with no chest pounding or threats of litigation.

Similarly, I have over 40 cruises with Princess and only a couple of minor maintenance issuues that were resolved, usually the same day. I know things happen--sometimes serious things--but here we are with a combined 90+ cruises and this is all we can come up with? I think the odds are in favor of a great cruise.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Yes, the odds are greatly in one's favor. In my 30 cruises, I can remember only one instance that was major. Ironically, it also happened to be our favorite cruise! It was Celebrity Century in 2007 -- there was a leaky pipe somewhere that ended up soaking our rug and everything on it. In addition to the apologies, the staff cleaned all of our laundry (that had been sitting in a laundry bag on the rug) and even cleaned the suitcases that were under our bed! Additionally, they gave us a second cabin in which to change into our formal wear that evening, and to spend the night if we had wanted.

I'm sure there were other instances -- I just don't remember them, or the memory fades with time.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:45 AM

We just returned from the Grand & were wondering how good or bad you thought the ship was? Our balcony was in much better shape than the one we had in Feb- at least the aluminum wasn't rotted away although the balcony door handle ripped off in my hand one day. They did have a fix for it the next day.
We also found that the AC was OK in the AT dining room (which was broken in Feb) but the AC in the Fusion lounge had only one setting- COLD.
The elevators still have numerous problems which cause them stopping at every floor or not stopping at all. We also found the food to have degraded slightly from Feb but still decent.
Our mattress on this trip was terrible & couldn't even be helped with the addition of an egg create.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:12 AM

RichC, welcome back! I'm sorry to hear that the Grand had problems, but hope the overall cruise was grand. I miss Princess so much! It's been almost 2 years and I can't wait to get back on board. I've not sailed on the Sapphire and am eagerly looking forward to checking out every nook and cranny. Where's your next cruise heading?

Closed Thread

Tags
critics, cruise, customer, forum, forums, grand, oct, princess, problems, recent, recentgolden, refurbished, review, reviews, transatlantic