Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 10:29 AM

Good day, we just booked our 2009 cruise for Apr. 23rd from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver, 18 days. We were very surprise that there was only about 15 rooms to pick from and what we wanted was not available. So we got our travel ageny to work on getting us a room and she found B233 was available. My question to everyone, does anyone know if this is a good room or not???
Thanks.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
You should be very happy with B233. I'm doing the same cruise this April, except only to L.A., and have B206, the same cabin I had to Hawaii last April. I love the location. There are cabins above and below, it's close to the forward elevators and stairs, and the Horizon Court buffet, dining rooms and Princess theater are all forward. And it's easy access to the Lido and Lotus pools.

If you wouldn't mind telling me, I'm curious what cabin you wanted that wasn't available this far in advance. I booked just about as far in advance and got exactly what I wanted both times.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:10 PM

Thanks for your reply f-mattox, you are the greatest. We wanted either cabin B401 or B355. Even our travel agent could not understand why this cruise is so much in demand. We live in Toronto, so it will be a nice plane trip to Fort Lauderdale and we are staying overnight 1 night before the cruise in Fort Lauderdale. We were not rushing in booking this trip as we expected there would not be any problems at least a year away.
Once again thanks for your reply.
Keith
Old 01-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Keith, you piqued my curiosity; I've never know a ship to fill up that far in advance. So I went to Princess' website and tried booking various balcony cabins. I tried about 30 and each one came up "not available"; the only ones I could book were the ones Princess put up on the screen. And yet none of the catagories was waitlisted. My assumption would be that Princess is controlling which areas are filled first, probably because of the special they are having--all balconies at one price until 1/30.

I am sure you had your reasons for wanting B355 or B401, but I must tell you, if I had to choose between them and B233 I would have taken B233. Why? B355 and B401 are between the forward and midship "bump outs", that is, they are recessed in which slightly impairs your view forward and aft. B233 is on the forward "bump out" so you will have a full 180 degree field of view.

The main thing, however, is you have a cabin on a wonderful ship with a fantastic itinerary.

Have a terrific cruise, and stay in touch.

Rick
Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 AM

Thanks, you are most likely correct. Plus you are right on about the cabin locations.
We will be in touch again.
You have a great trip.
Keith

Closed Thread

Tags
b233, b355, canal, cruises, island, pamana, princess, room