Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 05:24 PM

Hi all,
Does anyone know if WiFi computer access is available throughout the ship yet, or is it only available close to the computer room? I'm trying to decide if I want to take my laptop on my Mexican Riviera cruise. I'll leave it at home if there is no advantage. Thanks, Papa Bear

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 03-14-2008, 06:36 PM

I don't know the answser to the WiFi question however, I just decided the other day NOT to take my laptop with me when I go on vacation. It's a vacation - enjoy yourself. Email can be checked from the Internet Cafe. PLUS, that's one less bag to carry and you won't have to take your laptop out going through security, then put it back in the bag.......
Old 03-14-2008, 08:01 PM
The most recent information I have, for my cruise April 6, is that WiFi is available only in the Atrium area. The cost for the WiFi access is the same as to use their Internet Cafe; so unless you use your laptop for photos or something else, you may as well not drag it along.

Rick
Old 03-15-2008, 04:05 PM

Thanks Rick for the info. On our most recent cruise the Internet Cafe was always very busy and we would often go all the way down there only to find out there were no PC's available. By bringing my laptop, I was hoping to access the internet from my room. It's still too much trouble to lug it down to the atrium to use so I guess I will just leave it home. As always, I appreciate your advice. PB

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 03-15-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tekdiva:
I don't know the answser to the WiFi question however, I just decided the other day NOT to take my laptop with me when I go on vacation. It's a vacation - enjoy yourself. Email can be checked from the Internet Cafe. PLUS, that's one less bag to carry and you won't have to take your laptop out going through security, then put it back in the bag.......
Tekdiva,
Thanks for your thoughts. Since I am retired I use my laptop mainly to stay in communication with friends and family. Since we are presently staying in San Diego for a few weeks, going through security while boarding the ship with a laptop isn't too much of a problem. After Rick's thoughts though, I think I will just forego the laptop.

I have to agree with you though, that, when I was working, vacations were to forget about work, not take it with you. Have fun on your Alaska cruise. We did it a couple of years ago and had a great time. PB

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 03-16-2008, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Papa Bear:
Since we are presently staying in San Diego for a few weeks, going through security while boarding the ship with a laptop isn't too much of a problem.
Well that's nice!!! I am flying from Detroit to Anchorage and have a 90 min. lay over in Seattle and I will have to hustle from one end of Sea-Tac to the other. So in my case it is some weight that is better left at home. One of these days (now that I am hooked on cruising and I haven't been on the first on yet), I am going to move where there is a port so I can hop on a ship "at will". All of this waiting and planning etc is driving me crazy!!!! lol

Papa Bear, you have a great time as well! Jackie
Old 03-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Come to Costa Mesa. 40 minutes to San Pedro and Long Beach; an hour to San Diego.

Closed Thread

Tags
access, alaskan, boat, cruise, dawn, detroit, email, fi, laptop, ports, princess, room, ship, wi, wifi