Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 01:59 AM

Could some one please tell me if men have to wear jackets for dinner every night in the main dinning room. I'm aware that a suit, shirt and tie must be worn for formal evenings but am uncertain as to what is expected on in formal evenings. It has been described as smart casual is a shirt and trousers ok without a jacket? This is on the Sea princess caribbean cruise in december?
Old 08-25-2010, 05:53 AM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat. Yes, collared shirts and slacks on informal night is fine.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 AM

Many thanks for that was a little worried as to how to get everything in our suit cases but at least if we know Jackets aren't worn every evening that really helps.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:31 AM

Here is a link to an FAQ on the Princess Cruises website. Just click where it says "Clothing Recommendations" and that will pull up suggested attire for the cruise.

As stated, for casual or informal nights, khakis and a golf shirt, button down, or caribbean themed sportshirt is fine.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 08-25-2010, 06:31 AM

Sort of a related question for you Cruise Fanatic...
What would sa is the percentage og men wearing a tuxedo on Formal nights? If I wear mine, will I be one of very few (as I have heard from some people)?
And thanks for the answer to the other question, as I wondered the same thing.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-25-2010, 07:41 AM

It's hard to give a percentage. However; you are seeing tuxedos less and less. One main reason is the luggage fees imposed by the airlines. People are packing less and don't want to bring the formal wear. You should feel comfortable in a tuxedo or in a suit.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I've only seen 1 tuxedo in the last cruises I've been....but on the Oasis, there was a large group of men that wore full dress kilts...

And as for formal night....it's almost a thing of the past....I always bring a sports coat, tie, dress pants.....but lately, lots of men come to formal night without even a jacket...It's up to you I guess....Still fun to look dressed up once in awhile....Happy sailing...

I'm off for 15 days on the Statendam and there will be 4 formal nights....

Bob E
Old 08-26-2010, 07:21 AM

Probably just take a suit then, and not mess with both a suit and a tux. Still going to bring a seperate sport coat as well. I want to be one of the "better" dressed ones, and not the guy that looks sloppy. After all, as you said, it is nice to look good!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-29-2010, 10:59 AM

You certainly won't feel out of place with a suit on formal evenings as they are definitely becoming less formal with some guys just wearing a long sleeve shirt & dress pants.
On casual evenings you'll be seeing just about anything form Hawaiian shirts with Dockers or jeans.
After dinner many people change to casual clothing to enjoy the shows & even shorts, T shirts & sandals are common.
The formality of years ago is becoming a thing of the past.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, crusises, jacket, jackets, princes, princess, sports