Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   Can we bring Pop onboard the ship from any ports. (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/2451-can-we-bring-pop-onboard-ship-any-ports.html)

wooddon 03-05-2010 06:12 PM

Hi, we are going on a cruise in two weeks and would like to bring a couple of 2L of Diet pop onboard as we are diabetes and are not allow to drink and diet cola. We love Diet Canada Dry and Diet Fresca, so would love to bring some onboard. We get conflicting answers from the cruise lines.
Thanks for your help.

f-mattox 03-05-2010 06:21 PM

I know of no restrictions on soft drinks and water. We always take several bottles of Perrier right in our carry-on bags to keep in the cabin.

Dwayne 03-05-2010 11:12 PM

I couldn't find any mention of it in the contract either.

Dwayne

pink845 03-09-2010 07:27 PM

Dear Wooddon,

The 2 L bottles would not fit in your fridge in the cabin. My suggestion. Get a note from your doctor stating that you are diabetic and that you cannot drink alcohol and only allowed Diet Canada Dry and Diet Fresca. Then bring a few cans of each with you. Princess is pretty accommodating. We bring a couple of cases of water Nestle and they never object to water and we have brought on 6 cans of Diet Coke previously and never had an issue. But if they were to confiscate these cans from us, it would be no hardship for us. But if you are diabetic, you do not want to drink the diet 7 up that is on the ship because it is very carbonated and comes from the bar fountain.

wooddon 03-10-2010 06:36 AM

Thanks for your replies and suggestion. We will do what you propose Pink845. Once again thanks.

penny3333 03-10-2010 06:55 AM

pink845 has a very valid point about the 2L bottles. I doubt seriously that they would do anything with soda or water because there are no restrictions. They stipulate a reasonable amount. I'm sure they would have problems with a case of soda, but a six pack should be just fine. A doctor's note could definitely not be disputed.

Mand 40 04-21-2010 09:45 AM

What are the restrictions with bringing bottles of wine onboard? i have heard that you can bring some onboard within reason, is this true? we are going on the Grand in 5 weeks?

penny3333 04-21-2010 10:41 AM

Hi Mand 40, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Congratulations on your up-coming cruise. You are allowed to bring 1 bottle of wine per person on board. They will charge you a corkage fee if you drink it in the dining room. Hope you have a grand time on the Grand!

Mand 40 04-21-2010 11:24 AM

Thanks, that helps alot,ill let you know how i get on!

wooddon 04-21-2010 06:29 PM

Hi, we just arrive back from been on the Grand and we took 2 2L bottles of pop on board at Fort Lauderdale and they never question us. Plus these fitted nicely in our mini frig no problem. We were able to stand them up right. So that was great.